PDA

View Full Version : Instant Scenery V3 and P3D V2.1

AussieMan
March 25th, 2014, 21:50
I have recently finished a computer reformat and reinstalled P3D V2.1 as well as FSX. When I went to install Instant Scenery I found that it will only install into FSX and P3D V1.4.

I tried to point it to P3D V2.1 but when I ran the sim I came up I came up empty as far as Instant Scenery is concerned.

Any ideas?

falcon409
March 26th, 2014, 03:11
I have recently finished a computer reformat and reinstalled P3D V2.1 as well as FSX. When I went to install Instant Scenery I found that it will only install into FSX and P3D V1.4.

I tried to point it to P3D V2.1 but when I ran the sim I came up I came up empty as far as Instant Scenery is concerned.
Any ideas?
Pat, I tried it also and here's what I found. First, I ran the Install Module for IS3, after locating the path for P3D V2.1. Then I ran the Sim and nothing happened. . .no request to allow the program (Instant Scenery 3) to run. So I shut down P3D and looked at the dll.xml file and there was no notation in there for IS3. I then noticed that I still had a folder for Prepar3D, when I checked that I found the dll.xml file with the information for IS3. Soooo, I transferred that to the dll.xml file in the correct folder and ran the sim. Got the request to allow it to run, however it does state that it is untested in the sim and do I want it to run or not. I clicked "allow it to run once" and let the sim load. . . . .it crashed before it finished loading. It also did it twice more. So, it appears that Ver 3 is not compatible with P3D V2.1

falcon409
March 26th, 2014, 03:35
Well, this is interesting. I went back to the "simforums" to see what had been posted concerning this and the developers stated back in early December that they were working to "try" to get Version 3 compatible with P3D V2. . .but mentioned also that it may not be possible. They suggested it would be several weeks before they were sure. Well, it's now 3 months later and still no word, so I posted a request that they tell us one way or another because it's no longer ver2. . .it's now ver2.1 and soon to be ver2.2 and a lot has been changed from 2.0 to 2.2. . . .it doesn't look good.

Navy Chief
March 26th, 2014, 04:13
Does P3D have a sdk that allows for adding objects, or changing scenery as in FSX? NC

Dimus
March 26th, 2014, 04:21
Yes it does Chief. And the latest ADE has the option to be used for P3Dv2 or FSX.

paiken
March 26th, 2014, 05:37
ADE works great in version 2.1, and has the added bonus of automatically updating itself.

Meshman
March 26th, 2014, 08:52
Don't know the particulars, but anyone notice that the "Object Flows" for some scenery work rely upon a Module Installer to take effect? The same Module Installer that applies to Instant Scenery, AFX and a bunch of other tools for FSX.

There's been difficulties getting Object Flow World to work in P3D2, just like Instant Scenery. Now that has been overcome and P3D2 will be flowing and maybe a little love will be shown for Instant Scenery?

AussieMan
March 26th, 2014, 15:15
Thanks for that information Ed. I remember another addon I wanted in P3D I had to do some editing in the dll.xml but if it causes crashes then I won't bother for now and will stick with ADE.

falcon409
March 29th, 2014, 06:11
Well, "FSDiscoverer" finally answered my post on the Simforums concerning the chances of IS3 working with P3D:

I think we will get IS3 to work with P3D2 (though a small risk remains). Cannot predict the exact release date though, sorry.

I read that (based on past experiences with their products and the caveat "though a small risk remains") to mean, "Don't hold your breath". So it would appear that object placement within P3D_V2 and beyond will be left to companies who can keep up with the changes that are inevitable in this new Sim (namely ADE).

For those using AFX, this includes that utility as well. . .they seem equally baffled by P3D_V2+ in that area also. Looks like I'll have to force myself to like ADE from this point on or quit doing scenery.