PDA

View Full Version : Repaint question

gray eagle
March 25th, 2014, 13:55
I am trying to correct a boo boo on one texture file and relocate the top left wing roundel in its proper position. Once I have relocated the roundel to its proper spot, I will have
to remove the roundel that is in the wrong spot. I am using paint.net but it has photo shop tools and mimics photo shops functions and tools.

Having said all that, how do I deal with removing the wrong roundel leaving behind only the dark color that would be underneath. Unfortunately, no layers to work with otherwise,
I would remove it, and the dark color would remain. I could grab a gray wing and match the dark color, but I don't know how to do that either. Probably too drastic a move there.

gray eagle
March 25th, 2014, 14:29
Well, with a little bit of creative imagination, I think I cracked this nut. I deleted a wing roundel fix for this bird when I noticed that the left top roundel was
inboard - between the engines. I may reload the corrected patch. It not only corrects the roundel images but locates the upper port wing to correct location.

norab
March 25th, 2014, 15:12
Hi
Just saw your post, I have been using paint.net for repaints for years, If you haven't tried the following it may be of help in the future.

first make a new layer (call it details) and trace over panel lines, rivets, etc, carry the lines and rivets over top of the markings as if they weren't there and then switch back to working on your base layer, then

step 2

step 3

sometimes the paintbucket tool will do the job, when there is enough contrast between the two colors, if not don't forget you have 'UNDO' under the edit tools. you can find paintbucket here

I'm no expert, but I make be able to keep on occasion. just PM me