thunder100
March 16th, 2014, 11:28
Dear Community

Yesterday night I had a spontanious idea-work for Uncle Milton

The Spartan has a stunning exterior but the VC was little lower resolution

So I asked wether a higher one could be eventually done

9 hours later

THERE IT IS !!!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?86189-Spartan-Executive-VC-Gauge-Hi-Res-Update&p=873434&posted=1#post873434

THANK YOU UNCLE MILTON

ROLAND

Roger
March 16th, 2014, 12:45
Fantastic! Downloading now.

Palyarmerc
March 16th, 2014, 12:55
Typical! Just missed the boat on my re-release of the Spartan at Sim-viation.

So I'll download these, and add them to the zip for the Spartan_Executive_Repack v1.1

My Re-Pack of the Spartan does a few things
Fixed transponder switches
Re-drawn panel lighting
Filled in the edges around the cockpit where there was little light-bleed
Re-textured Dashboard Panel

So this upgrade will tie in nicely ! Thank you !
Thanks for this, really happy Milton obliged - I thought the Twin Beech D18s was my favourite until I discovered the Spartan

Milton Shupe
March 16th, 2014, 13:42
Thanks guys. Just for clarification, this is the FS9 model and the changes are not compatible with any native conversion, if there was one. :-)

The changes replace the panel and model folders and add a light map (for gauge backlighting) to the texture folder(s).

The update has no effect on existing textures (aside from having to add one texture for gauge backlighting to all your texture folders).

The hi-res upgrade was just for the primary gauges, essentially doubling the pixel density by combining the gauges on a larger bmp and using a larger area to house them, allowing gauge sizes to double.

Installation is simple; backout is simple if you do not like it.

Palyarmerc
March 16th, 2014, 15:24
Thanks Milton (for the headache, lol)

I had a look, a bit of work I could make it compatible for FSX
Unfortunately the vc02.bmp didn't leave enough room at the top to Paint out the light-bleed thru on the panel
Also, having re-textured my dashboard there was the further headache of the texture size difference between vc01.bmp and vc02.bmp
I gave up in the end, might come back to it at some point, but no matter, it's still an awesome plane!

Daveroo
March 16th, 2014, 15:36
Thanks guys. Just for clarification, this is the FS9 model and the changes are not compatible with any native conversion, if there was one. :-)

The changes replace the panel and model folders and add a light map (for gauge backlighting) to the texture folder(s).

The update has no effect on existing textures (aside from having to add one texture for gauge backlighting to all your texture folders).

The hi-res upgrade was just for the primary gauges, essentially doubling the pixel density by combining the gauges on a larger bmp and using a larger area to house them, allowing gauge sizes to double.

Installation is simple; backout is simple if you do not like it.

NOW ya tell us..................sheeesh

Palyarmerc
March 16th, 2014, 16:20
Not to worry, I think I've sussed it.

This is too good a plane to be missed by those of us stupid enough to use FSX

...I'm working on it, and getting good results ! I'll keep you posted.

Milton Shupe
March 16th, 2014, 16:31
Thanks Milton (for the headache, lol)

I had a look, a bit of work I could make it compatible for FSX
Unfortunately the vc02.bmp didn't leave enough room at the top to Paint out the light-bleed thru on the panel
Also, having re-textured my dashboard there was the further headache of the texture size difference between vc01.bmp and vc02.bmp
I gave up in the end, might come back to it at some point, but no matter, it's still an awesome plane!

This approach was the only one I could use to do the job without a lot of time and a texture artist. I agree it would not be worth your time to mess with it.

Milton Shupe
March 16th, 2014, 16:34
NOW ya tell us..................sheeesh

I model aircraft for FS9; to the extent possible, I try to make them work in FSX and FS8.

I also accommodate those who wish to convert my work to CFS2, CFS3, and FSX native.

When I make changes, they are specifically for FS9 users and they are posted in that forum.

Anyone who presumes otherwise should ask first.

Palyarmerc
March 16th, 2014, 18:15
Well we have to blame Thunder100 for posting in the FSX Discussion forum

Nah, no blame, it's very good and exciting news !!

I've spent a few hours and hopefully have ported it across for us lesser mortals (heh-heh)

Going to attempt to attach this file now,

In theory, if you have a Spartan installed, with the gauges in the gauges folder it should work just fine

Read-me is included, but basically, since it is a new model you need to assign your aircraft.cfg
to point to the new panel.vc2 and model.vc2 folders

here goes...

Have to say the improvement is staggering!

Using SweetFX helps too I have to add, to sharpen the image, but my god I can read the instruments now

Thank you ever so much Milton, just the job

Roger
March 16th, 2014, 18:41
For clarification the original FsX conversion was by Mike Allen Richards who of course gained permission to make the conversion. When Mike gave me permission to upload his conversion to SOH library I gained permission from a number of repainters to slightly alter their texture files to match Mike's remapping so they could be added to my upload.
Milton only produces aircraft for Fs8 &9 and makes versions that will port-over to FsX but are not native. We thank Milton for his flexibility giving permission to various projects to enhance his models for FsX but is no way responsible for successful compatibility with FsX.

thunder100
March 17th, 2014, 01:33
I appologize-but had no Intention to lauch a new FSX model thread-->ITS FS9

But as port over is really easy and I use only FEX and P3D V2 -->in both the new VC works with stunning results once you change the few non compatibel gaugs (multiradio,..)

Roland

papab
March 17th, 2014, 03:36
Where can I get the latest FSX ported version of the Spartan?
Thanks

thunder100
March 17th, 2014, 03:59
Simviation

And you may want to use the updare in thus thread

Roland

Daveroo
March 17th, 2014, 07:05
I model aircraft for FS9; to the extent possible, I try to make them work in FSX and FS8.

I also accommodate those who wish to convert my work to CFS2, CFS3, and FSX native.

When I make changes, they are specifically for FS9 users and they are posted in that forum.

Anyone who presumes otherwise should ask first.

Milton...i was going for the laugh..didnt mean to offend you,im well aware of how you work...and i appreciate everything you do.. allways great..thanks for sharing it.

Milton Shupe
March 17th, 2014, 07:25
Milton...i was going for the laugh..didnt mean to offend you,im well aware of how you work...and i appreciate everything you do.. allways great..thanks for sharing it.

LOL Thought so Dave; but thought I would just clarify my position. :wiggle:

Daveroo
March 17th, 2014, 13:30
LOL Thought so Dave; but thought I would just clarify my position. :wiggle:

ok as long as were good.........gosh ive been told to be good soooooo many times in my life.......lol

:encouragement:

thunder100
March 18th, 2014, 11:39
Look to that

FS9 NATIVE

NO BUMPMAP's !!

Roland

Crusader
March 18th, 2014, 12:28
Where can I get the latest FSX ported version of the Spartan?
Thanks

As Roger mentioned in a previous thread , there is a FsX SP2 as a fully compliant FsX model by Mike Allen Richards : do a search in the Warbirds Library here at SOH for : spartan_exec_fsx.zip .

PRB
March 18th, 2014, 14:02
Ok, I'm a moron. I've gone through the "upgrade exercise" three times now. The first two times I really messed it up. This last time I'm getting there. But, as you can see... There was nothing wrong with the prop before. What texture file do I put back to get the one I can see through again?

Palyarmerc
March 18th, 2014, 15:28
Optional model and panel variations is complicated, and only there for the curious really
The upgrade is only for v1.0 of the repack.

Once installed, you must if you haven't, ignore the other options, open your Aircraft.cfg and just be ceratin all planes
use

panel =vc2
model =vc2

I'll get that image fixed a.s.a.p
by the way the thing you need is Spinpropb18.bmp, should be in the texture.common folder :-)

here's a replacement texture file - put it in both panel.vc and panel.vc2 folders (panel.vc1 folder is Milton's Original Spartan Panel)

TuFun
March 19th, 2014, 12:50
I noticed in some pics showing the running prop as a three bladed version.

I mod the alpha for an two bladed prop for FSX...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-pgHdCTu9A

If you want to use the modded prop...
Link: https://app.box.com/s/j8ekstaxs4muipzf8gz9

falcon409
March 19th, 2014, 13:08
I apologize-but had no Intention to launch a new FSX model thread-->ITS FS9
But as port over is really easy and I use only FSX and P3D V2 -->in both the new VC works with stunning results once you change the few non compatible gauges (multiradio,..)
Roland
Can you confirm that this is P3D_V2.1 you are using. I tried this airplane and there is no functionality in the VC.

thunder100
March 19th, 2014, 13:53
Dear Falcon

YES you are right.Most clickspots in VC do NOT work (but e.g Throttle does) .But as I fly off the joystick most, that not an issue to me.

Other then this just the Alphas are a bit dark as P3D is dark anyway

Roland

PRB
March 19th, 2014, 14:54
by the way the thing you need is Spinpropb18.bmp, should be in the texture.common folder :-)

Thanks Palyarmerc. That fixed the prop issue!

Palyarmerc
March 19th, 2014, 15:28
I noticed in some pics showing the running prop as a three bladed version.

Now that you mention it, yeah, I just didn't give it much thought.

Good call TuFun, I'll add that straight away, Thank you

sarwulf
March 20th, 2014, 05:08
OK, my Spartan interior is OK, but my exterior shows I am missing an engine and tires. Any ideas? I am running FSX in DX10 mode so that is my first place to look. If a DX10 issue, is there a fix?

Thanks!

Roger
March 20th, 2014, 05:57
OK, my Spartan interior is OK, but my exterior shows I am missing an engine and tires. Any ideas? I am running FSX in DX10 mode so that is my first place to look. If a DX10 issue, is there a fix?

Thanks!

Are you using Steve Parson's Dx10 Fixer?

thunder100
March 20th, 2014, 05:58
Ist a DX10 Problem

Only cure today (apart you edit many textures :biggrin-new: ) is to turn off DX-10

Before that good idea could be to really try all textures( maybe one contributor ammended allready)

Best regards

Roland

Anneke
March 20th, 2014, 08:00
No the solution in the DX10 fixer is to tick the 8 bit texture fix. It's somewhere in the settings menu (legacy shader menu I think).

sarwulf
March 20th, 2014, 08:06
Thanks Roger, thunder100, and Anneke.

I am using Steve's DX10 Fixer and I will look into the 8 bit texture fix within DX10 Fixer.

Many thanks!

Palyarmerc
March 20th, 2014, 09:12
You could also try using the DDS textures in the fully compliant FsX model (spartan_exec_fsx ) by Mike Allen Richards
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&keys=1&keyword=spartan_exec_fsx.zip

ncooper
March 20th, 2014, 13:34
Included in the Dx10 Scenery Fixer install folder you will find the Dx10 Toolbox.
With this and reading the last few pages of the manual, you can permanently change the
8 bit textures to 16 bit textures.
There will then be no more invisible aircraft parts, inside or out.

Regards,
Nick.

sarwulf
March 21st, 2014, 11:34
Thanks ncooper. I was able to fix the problem per Anneke's suggestion of going into the Fixer shader menu and doing the 8 bit texture fix, but I will try the Fixer toolbox to make a permanent fix to 16 bit.

Thanks!