PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else using this ??

Snaker
January 20th, 2009, 15:26
http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

It is FREE voice recognition software made for gamers. I have been using it about 1 week and it is great - even with my cheepo Wal-mart microphone. It took about 30 minutes to set up the MS voice recognition software on my computer and it worked right away after that.

I made a configuration file for CFS3 which includes targeting commands, view commands, and wingman commands.

It also works nicely with the IL2 series of games.

:ernae:

Pat Pattle
January 21st, 2009, 03:13
How loudly do you have to speak Snaker? I'm afraid the derision :redf: I'd undoubtedly get from the rest of the family has put me off trying anything like this!

Snaker
January 21st, 2009, 09:39
I have found that if you use a normal speaking tone it works just fine. I would imagine if you had a headset microphone you would not need to talk as loud since the mic would be closer to your mouth.

You can easily train the speech recognition on certain words if it is having trouble recognizing them. Check Cub Foods Ad (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?cub-foods/) and Dollar General Ad (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?dollar-general/). The program is set up nicely to access your microphone and voice recognition settings right from drop menus.

My family thinks it is kind of funny hearing me talk to myself but I don't think they find it too disruptive (yet :d).

flyer01
January 21st, 2009, 11:11
I have downloaded shoot but do not see any install instructions .

Snaker
January 21st, 2009, 16:40
Flyer -

You will need to make sure to download and install net 1.1 from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

and the MS speech recognition software from here

http://download.microsoft.com/download/speechSDK/SDK/5.1/WXP/EN-US/SpeechSDK51.exe

Run the speech recognition set up and "training sessions"

Then extract the shoot zip folder and run the shoot.exe from that folder.

-hth

flyer01
January 21st, 2009, 20:09
Snaker,

Works great lol TY.
flyer01

GeorgeRibeiro60
January 22nd, 2009, 21:46
I've used "Game Commander 2" for years. It was made in 2000 and is the best voice recognition software I've ever used. Easy to program too, and with a push-to-talk button programed on my Thrustmaster gear it's much better than trying to grab a handfull of keys to send a command. I use it only for communications to keep it realistic.

I dunno if it's still available?

ndicki
January 23rd, 2009, 07:14
Tjhis sounds impressive...

Clive, how are you getting on with your flying helmet? This would be a useful addition! :icon_lol:

Edit: Call me challenged, but what exactly do you do with it once it's all installed???

Re-edit: I've actually got it working - it's incredibly simple! Thanks!

ndicki
January 23rd, 2009, 08:36
Now then... I've got a Soviet tank helmet with headset and throat mike... I wonder...

Snaker
January 23rd, 2009, 10:17
Re-edit: I've actually got it working - it's incredibly simple! Thanks!

Glad it is working for you guys. I uploaded my profile in case anybody wants it.

:ernae:

Fortiesboy
January 31st, 2009, 05:07
Beware a possible problem
More than 2 gigs of memory- sound recorder problem.
This may be of information to those wishing to use this software because of a problem i have encountered
with trying to get Sound recorder in Windows to work in my new system ,i.e XP systems using more than 2 gigs of Memory.

I have bought a new computer , I7 processor with the new tri channel memory 3 gigs etc etc .
I wanted XP 32 bit O.S. because of Vista problems , drivers conflicts etc

It turns out that Sound recorder does not work if the system has more than 2 gigs of memory- So my microphone is of no use.
See support.microsoft.com/kb/284893.

I presume, no doubt, that it works with Vista, but anyonewanting to stick with good old XP - tough!

Nice one Microsoft, so thoughtful.

the question is - does this voice software rely on Sound recorder? It seems Game Commander does.

Snaker
January 31st, 2009, 07:40
....the question is - does this voice software rely on Sound recorder? It seems Game Commander does.

I don't think it does as the only time you actually have to record anything is during the speech recognition training and if you want to make a custom dictionary to help it identify how you say specific words. This is all done through the speech rec. software. If that ties is with the regular sound recorder then it would not work but I think it is seperate.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.....

:wiggle:

Nausicaa
January 31st, 2009, 07:52
Does this work under Vista ?

Fortiesboy
January 31st, 2009, 10:39
I don't think it does as the only time you actually have to record anything is during the speech recognition training and if you want to make a custom dictionary to help it identify how you say specific words. This is all done through the speech rec. software. If that ties is with the regular sound recorder then it would not work but I think it is seperate.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.....

:wiggle:

It seems to . This is what led me to check the microphone. I was trying to use Game Commander on the new computer and there was no response. There was no response because the mic wasn't working.

Fly Swatter
February 1st, 2009, 14:49
I installed the necessary components, did the voice recognition training and opened Shoot.

I then see a box with tabs for Commands, Push to Talk and Sound. I opened each tab but found no way to get this started. Is there something more that needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

flyer01
February 1st, 2009, 15:06
Open up file then click on open click on your cfs3 profile. If you don't have one get Snakers in cfs3 add-ons. put it in your shoot folder profiles. open it up and make your profile that you can use. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileType=cfs3-utilities
flyer01

Fly Swatter
February 1st, 2009, 19:52
Thanks for your advice but my problem still exists. When I attempt to open the file this way I get an error message. I can open the file when it is on the desktop however so the file is OK.

Any other suggestion? I'd really like to play with this new toy!

Fly Swatter
February 2nd, 2009, 09:42
Problem solved!