PDA

View Full Version : Geez Kyle...

PRB
March 15th, 2014, 16:57
So, last year NASCAR made a rule that a driver had to choose one series in which they would earn points. Presumably this was meant to discourage cup drivers from “stinking up the show” in the Nationwide Series each weekend. Obviously more “tweaking” is needed in this direction... I get “racers race and racers love racing” and all that, but it's getting ridiculous. I have an idea: Rule 209912.1a.001.b: If you are a driver earning points in the Sprint Cup Series, you may not earn any money, or driver points, in any other NASCAR series. The teams who hire cup drivers will still get the money, but the driver cannot earn a penny. That way they can satisfy their “need for speed”, and the teams, if they are a Nationwide only team, wouldn't be hurt financially. Then we'd see who's in for their “need for speed”, and who's simply “picking low hanging fruit” because it's “easy pickings”...

Panther_99FS
March 15th, 2014, 19:39
You mean like the cup start n' parks?

Terry
March 16th, 2014, 04:27
It's mostly driven by track owners wanting the largest gate they can get which the cup drivers provide and team sponsors wanting more exposure. Another good reason to let the cup drivers in is that the Nationwide drivers are testing themselves against the best. Cup drivers cannot currently get any points and perhaps the money should go to the highest finishing Nationwide driver.

EasyEd
March 16th, 2014, 08:44
Hey All,

Fix the economy and presto chango no start an parks.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
March 16th, 2014, 09:02
Hey All,

Fix the economy and presto chango no start an parks.

-Ed-

You mean the NASCAR economy? Because the other motorsports don't have start n' parks....

EasyEd
March 16th, 2014, 09:56
Hey All,

No not the NASCAR economy. One article said that in 2007 there were no start an parks - look at the economy then versus the economy now.

There is no reason why NASCAR should go to a less than 43 car field whatsoever. The start and parks do no harm - - prevent no other team from joining NASCAR - provide experience - employ a few people and besides 43 is a sacred number.

Remember NASCAR is a family owned business and it is up to them.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
March 16th, 2014, 15:23
Still doesn't explain why NASCAR is the only motorsport that has start n' parks.
IMHO, it's the rules & nothing to do with the economy since other American motorsports don't have start n' parks....

PRB
March 22nd, 2014, 14:21
Not sure that "start-n-park" is related in any way to the issue at hand, that being cup teams stinking up the Nationwide shows. There isn't a "start-n-park" problem in the Nationwide series, is there? The ESPN TV people spoke had a discussion about this today before the NW race at California. Now that Kyle Busch is winning every NW race, that is... The race track owners want the cup drivers in the show, because apparently fans won't buy tickets to NW races if the cup drivers aren't there. I can see the point. On the other hand, NW drivers aren't getting any attention because all anyone wants to talk about during the race is the guy leading, and that means Kyle Busch. The Cup drivers are dominating the NW races now more than ever before. At what point does it become counter productive? At some point, race fans are going to figure there are two races in the weekend, a cup race, and some other race where cup drivers show up, along with some other guys, not sure what that race is all about...

PRB
March 22nd, 2014, 15:35
Dang! Did you people see the final 15 or so laps of that Busch race? That was good stuff. Congrats to the other Kyle (Larson).

Panther_99FS
March 22nd, 2014, 19:25
Dang! Did you people see the final 15 or so laps of that Busch race? That was good stuff. Congrats to the other Kyle (Larson).

Missed the race due to get together at the in-laws...:dizzy::very_drunk:

Terry
March 23rd, 2014, 04:16

The last laps of that one were a pleasant surprise that made it worth watching.

joe bob
March 23rd, 2014, 05:07
I think the economic part of the start and park trend relates to the fact that NASCAR has a field 3 times as large as F1
While the cost of Nascar has increased considerably, it is still relatively cheap to field a car compared to a more technologically intensive series.
It is more feasible to field a substandard Nascar vehicle and try and hang on long enough to catch that big sponsor break and be able to push to the next level which is what the teams are doing whether they are running mid pack or limping around a few laps.
Nascar's market is more nationally based, where a F1 team has a world market to attract quality sponsors from.

Start and park teams remind me of a dirt track guy who is selling his car, he takes it out to get is seen for a few laps but he doesn't want to have it damaged or destroyed because then he is out of business.

Daveroo
March 23rd, 2014, 07:16
a couple things here,IMHO,the new qualifying format is going to help reduce the start'n'parkers,with the format,,they cant just throw an old set of tires on the car and go out and do their two laps,you basically have to go out and drive in race conditions to set the field which will also reduce sand bagging,if they dont perform in that first round...they would just be knockouted,yes depending on a large car field,but my point is,,qualifying needs more attention and effort now.

and yesterday was a preview of racing to come in both divisions ,Larson drives to win as do all drivers..but some have more passion..Larson,as well as Bush have that passion,ive always liked bush (Kyle,,NOT Kurt),but id get very frustrated in his actions after a bad race,i dont know if its that sweet girl he married ( i use sweet as in SWEEEEEET,not shes so nice n sweet..:encouragement:) but after he and samantha married he changed big time...anyone notice him come shake larsons hand and then hug him?

on the opisit side..when larson was racing logano for the lead..it was pretty obvious logano made him a target,ran him down to the bottom and when larson fought back and ran logano up the track..logano attempted to spin him..ive looked at the video many times,,and you can see it plainly.

Panther_99FS
March 23rd, 2014, 07:35
a couple things here,IMHO,the new qualifying format is going to help reduce the start'n'parkers,with the format,,they cant just throw an old set of tires on the car and go out and do their two laps,you basically have to go out and drive in race conditions to set the field which will also reduce sand bagging,if they dont perform in that first round...they would just be knockouted,yes depending on a large car field,but my point is,,qualifying needs more attention and effort now.

and yesterday was a preview of racing to come in both divisions ,Larson drives to win as do all drivers..but some have more passion..Larson,as well as Bush have that passion,ive always liked bush (Kyle,,NOT Kurt),but id get very frustrated in his actions after a bad race,i dont know if its that sweet girl he married ( i use sweet as in SWEEEEEET,not shes so nice n sweet..:encouragement:) but after he and samantha married he changed big time...anyone notice him come shake larsons hand and then hug him?

on the opisit side..when larson was racing logano for the lead..it was pretty obvious logano made him a target,ran him down to the bottom and when larson fought back and ran logano up the track..logano attempted to spin him..ive looked at the video many times,,and you can see it plainly.

I haven't seen the video but....
I hope that since Logano wasn't able to rough up NASCAR veterans Logano isn't now trying to rough up the rookies.....

P51FAN
March 23rd, 2014, 09:13
Now that Kyle Busch is winning every NW race Not exactly. 2 out of 5 so far this year, The most he has won is right around 1/2 of the races he started. Which means he didn't win 1/2 of them.
Anyone notice Kyle Busch come shake Larson's hand and then hug him? And then you contrast that, to the following from Kyle Larson (Quote from NASCAR Wire Service, after the NNS race last week in Bristol): "I was not going to be as nice as I was last year," said Larson envisioning a replay of his 2013 battle to the wire at Bristol in which he came up 0.023 seconds short. Personally, I'm glad he didn't even have a chance to try. One final question: Why couldn't the NCAA bracket update on ESPN wait another 5-10 mins, so everyone watching the race could hear from more than just Kyle Larson?

Panther_99FS
March 23rd, 2014, 10:04
I think Busch hugged him because he beat Harvick....:mixed-smiley-010:

Daveroo
March 23rd, 2014, 10:52
One final question: Why couldn't the NCAA bracket update on ESPN wait another 5-10 mins, so everyone watching the race could hear from more than just Kyle Larson?

well nascar is still a backwoods hick sport isnt it?...no respect from other "real" athletes,who when they try to drive a race car..most allways fail..either not strong enough,or dont have the stamina...

the exceptions are few,,coach bill someone..and there was a punter on the 49ers for awhile who was danged good...but got frightened after a hard crash and quit...but those are the two i can think of.