PDA

View Full Version : Nice looking Piper Apache on Simviation

Navy Chief
March 7th, 2014, 10:45
Saw this today....

Piper PA-23 Apache Package
Zip file preview
47.97Mb (567 downloads)
FSX Lynn and Bill Lyons' PA23 Piper Apache updated and adapted for FSX. Includes four liveries with companion, color-coded panel sets. Each panel set is distinctively gauged with complementary 2D and VC views. Special thanks to Milton Shupe and Scott Thomas for Scott's period gauges and to Aaron R. Swindle for his "Big Twin" sound package. This is KENWIGAIR KUSTOMS' RESTO-MOD #1. By Ken Wigginton.

Flyboy208
March 7th, 2014, 11:23
Well spotted Chief! I would love to see a proper FSX-Native Piper Aztec E ! Mike

Portia911
March 7th, 2014, 11:47
Off to check this one out!
Thanks Chief

dharris
March 7th, 2014, 11:54
Also available on flisim.com

simulloyd
March 7th, 2014, 12:33
I downloaded this one about 5 seconds after seeing it!

Naismith
March 7th, 2014, 13:23
Oldie but goody updated but still suffers the prop/cloud issue unfortunately.

Tako_Kichi
March 7th, 2014, 13:24
Well spotted Chief! I would love to see a proper FSX-Native Piper Aztec E ! Mike

I just found this one:

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Props-62-15

Next to last item on that page.

I don't know how good it is although I am DL'ing it now to check it out.

Flyboy208
March 7th, 2014, 19:25
I just found this one:

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Props-62-15

Next to last item on that page.

I don't know how good it is although I am DL'ing it now to check it out.

Hi Larry, I had previously installed that version, no disrespect to anyone involved with it as I have zero FS modeling skills .... I really want an Aztec E with all the bells and whistles .... perhaps a future LDR Project .... hint! hint ! Mike :wavey:

Daube
March 7th, 2014, 23:08

Well it's a FS9 or FS2002 plane, so that was expectable.
I tried the original version in FSX a long time ago but had trouble with gauges and transparencies. I'm curious to try this updated version.
As for the "props behind clouds", I don't care since I'll fly it in P3D, where this problem doesn't exist anymore :)

Naismith
March 8th, 2014, 00:14
I don't care since I'll fly it in P3D, where this problem doesn't exist anymore :)

Wow I did not know that info (reaching for Credit card /// and I had been doing so well up to now) :adoration:

gavinc
March 8th, 2014, 08:19
This has always been one of my favourite aircraft in FS9.

Did someone not get the source files and right to upgrade all of Bill & Lynn Lyons' magnificent aircraft for FSX?

If so I would personally love to see this model done properly for FSX, but until then I will give this update a try.

thanks
Gavin

Portia911
March 8th, 2014, 19:33

For anyone interested in addressing the prop/cloud issue, the less common diameter of the Apache's props is matched by those of the Lionheart's Fairchild 24. Swapping these in solves the problem.

Now I'd like to know if it's possible to add 'tool tips' particularly for the throttle/prop/mix controls; and being able to swap in more up to date pilot and passenger figures would be nice too.