PDA

View Full Version : 2048x2048 skin?

Gousgounis
January 20th, 2009, 11:38
Hi all. Before the crash I had found a post with some screenshots showing some tweaks in cfsconfig you need to do in order to see the skins in CFS3 appear as 2048x2048.
I have tried altering the .xml file with wordpad but nothing. But I remember doing some tweaks in cfsconfig to fix it. Right now my skins appear at crappy resolution. Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you!

grizzly50
January 20th, 2009, 12:14
Hi all. Before the crash I had found a post with some screenshots showing some tweaks in cfsconfig you need to do in order to see the skins in CFS3 appear as 2048x2048.
I have tried altering the .xml file with wordpad but nothing. But I remember doing some tweaks in cfsconfig to fix it. Right now my skins appear at crappy resolution. Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you!

:kilroy:Gousgounis, look here: http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/Garage/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20Garage.php The old Groundcrew site is at Reg's Hangar now. I do believe this is what you're looking for.:d

Cameljockey
January 20th, 2009, 12:49
You can open the CFS3config file in the Application Data folder C:\DocumentsandSettings\your username\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CombatFlightSim ulator3.0\ and open the configOverrides.xml with Notepad and edit the following. Where it says <aircraftmodels Scale="0" MaxDim="1024"/> change the "1024" to "2048" and save. I know it works in OFF so it should work in CFS3.

CJ

ndicki
January 21st, 2009, 07:56
Well, it doesn't in CFS3. Just tried. Would have been good if it did!

ndicki
January 21st, 2009, 08:08
Back again. Now the GC version says you should set

<aircraftmodels Scale="0" MaxDim="0"/>

not 2048. But as I've just tried

<aircraftmodels Scale="0" MaxDim="2048"/>

and got a very slight possible rise in FPS - about 3 to 4 FPS...

The line which suddenly did the trick and made the textures beautifully razor-sharp was this one:

<CompositeAircraftTextureUsage val="D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET"/>

The original was set to "0".

With the "as issued" GC settings, I got a significant drop in FPS compared to normal settings. With this way, FPS stay high.

Hope that helps!

Gousgounis
January 21st, 2009, 12:04
Its ok guys. I wanted the link from grizzly in the first place. Thats what I was looking for.
Thanks for the help!

mongoose
January 21st, 2009, 14:08
Thanks Nigel; useful info.