PDA

View Full Version : Effects Guru's, I need some help or advice. ASW effects

lazarus
March 1st, 2014, 10:16

I need some help with this one, its got me scratching my head. So, I've built the weapons; generic homing torpedo (western and Soviet), aerial depth charges, smoke markers, and a nuclear depth bomb. I've got the effects done for the torpedo and Aerial Depth charges- default effect controlled through a effects controller file. The weapons splash down, and after a short delay, the characteristic shock/gas bubble/spray dome/collapse/rebound and sinking ship effects. The torpedo is the same sequence with a longer delay to simulate the search/acquisition /attack sequence. I have some ideas about functioning sonobouys and actually having the weapons interact with the submarines, but thats a project for another day and requires a lot more knowledge of gauge coding than I have.
I am stuck on a effect for a nuclear Depth charge, however. Its really the same as the effects I'm using now, just much larger- about a mile wide.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EV5q_mlhaiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How would I go about scaling up the effects I`m using now, or would a effects whiz feel like volunteering their expertise.
If any one wants to test out what I`ve got so far, post here and Ill package up the stuff that`s ready to go.

lazarus
May 19th, 2014, 12:59
There it is. ASW weapons testing here 843184328433

As noted in the S-3 thread, the Nuclear DC did not work as intended. Any ideas or effects suggestions would be appreciated!