PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia Merlins now freeware!

Ferry_vO
March 1st, 2014, 00:05
The former payware Virtavia/Alphasim Merlin HM.1 and HC.3 are now available at their freeware page here: http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php (http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php) (Set the slider to 'sort by date' and they should be right on top.)

Looks like a full package including three liveries and sounds!

Sascha66
March 1st, 2014, 00:38
What a great way to start the weekend! Thank you so much Virtavia! Thank you Ferry_VO for the HU!:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:
Sascha

Ferry_vO
March 1st, 2014, 00:54
And if you search for 'Alphasim Merlin' at Flightsim.com you'll find a lot of repaints for both models!

Blackbird686
March 1st, 2014, 05:01
Thanks, Ferry!!!

She's a real challenge to land, even with the realism set to EASY. But she's very frame rate friendly, has a superb VC and the visual model is gorgeous. Once you get her going, she clips along nicely and is easy to manage.

Hats off to Virtavia for the generous gift.

BB686

stuartcox
March 2nd, 2014, 00:59
Thanks to Virtavia for one of my favourite helicopters! :jump:

I see and hear them quite regularly flying along our coast and decided to create a more dynamic and realistic exterior sound file.
Just unzip and replace the xmer1.wav in the sound folder with this. Don't forget to back up the original.
I hope you enjoy it!

Regards, Stuart

SteveB
March 2nd, 2014, 04:20
Thanks to Virtavia for one of my favourite helicopters! :jump:

I see and hear them quite regularly flying along our coast and decided to create a more dynamic and realistic exterior sound file.
Just unzip and replace the xmer1.wav in the sound folder with this. Don't forget to back up the original.
I hope you enjoy it!

Regards, Stuart

Cheers Stuart.

Steve

Blackbird686
March 2nd, 2014, 05:26
Thanks, Stuart, for the alternate externals.

It would be nice to have a complete set of sounds, including start-up and shutdown for this helicopter. According to the read-me, the start-up and shutdown sequence is not possible in helicopters due to limitations in FS. If that's the case then explain Alpha's Westland Future Lynx....

BB686

nunweilr
March 4th, 2014, 06:23
Can anyone help me lower the ramp? I have tried the "tailhook" command with no luck.

stuartcox
March 4th, 2014, 10:59
Can anyone help me lower the ramp? I have tried the "tailhook" command with no luck.

Hi nunweilr,

Have a look in the Options /Controls /Assignments in the task bar.
Maybe you need to re-assign the tailhook function. The ramp certainly works...

Stuart

nunweilr
March 4th, 2014, 15:37
Hi nunweilr,

Have a look in the Options /Controls /Assignments in the task bar.
Maybe you need to re-assign the tailhook function. The ramp certainly works...

Stuart

Thank you Stuart. I reassigned the same commands as before: again with no luck. I tried another aircraft (fixed-wing) with a tailhook and it worked. I guess I will just fiddle around until I can make it work.