PDA

View Full Version : Freeware Virtavia Merlins!

Ferry_vO
March 1st, 2014, 00:02
The former payware Virtavia/Alphasim Merlin HM.1 and HC.3 are now available at their freeware page here: http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php (Set the slider to 'sort by date' and they should be right on top.)

Looks like a full package including three liveries and sounds; full native FsX models too!

Ferry_vO
March 1st, 2014, 02:27
And some interesting new from the Virtavia site:

Apologies for the lack of activity ! We have been working hard on an all-new Cold War twin-engined prop aircraft for FSX which will be announced in a few days and will be on sale in about a week.

A cold war twin-engined prop..? Bronco, Mohawk, E-2 Hawkeye? C-119 would be awesome, as would a revised, fully FsX native DHC-5.

CG_1976
March 1st, 2014, 10:06
"fully FsX native DHC-5"

Now that would be excellent for the SOH RCAF, such the RCAF still employs the DHC-5.

Roger
March 1st, 2014, 10:16
Thanks for the hu Ferry:ernaehrung004:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/03/01/gLcxo.jpg

lazarus
March 1st, 2014, 10:21
Indeed, thanks for the HU. Boy, a coldwar twin prop. Buffalump. Andover. Provider. Hmm. I guess we shall see in a bit!

strikehawk
March 1st, 2014, 10:30
I got this when it first came out for FS9 and then when I got FSX went and got it again. I still think that this is much better than the EH101 that comes with FSX as that thing has always been un-flyable for me. I wish that there had been more textures made for the Alpha/Virtavia helo.

As for a new bird, a Mohawk would be nice or at least an E-2C that is actually enjoyable as I can't see another Bronco as the two we have, Piglets and Aerosoft, have the pay and freeware bases covered. Watch, I'd be willing to bet that while we're loking forward to a NATO or US bird Virtavia puts out a Warsaw Pact one instead.:biggrin-new:

Ferry_vO
March 1st, 2014, 10:40
I wish that there had been more textures made for the Alpha/Virtavia helo.

There are quite a few textures for both at Flightsim.com (Search for Alphasim Merlin) which will work in FsX too. Some have parts made invisible in Fs9 though, and that trick doesn't work in FsX without a bit of editting.

Watch, I'd be willing to bet that while we're loking forward to a NATO or US bird Virtavia puts out a Warsaw Pact one instead.:biggrin-new:

Not many I can think of, but I would love a Beriev Be-6 or Be-12 though....

lazarus
March 1st, 2014, 10:46
Wouldn`t one of the beriev boats be sweet! Prop was specified, so no chance of a BE-10- the second coolest looking jet flying boat ever built, even if it was a sakukaka in life(which, frankly, describes a lot of soviet era aircraft, despite what the fanboys think...). Like a Martian war machine!

Montie
March 1st, 2014, 11:09
Please let it be an E-2 Hawkeye!

falcon409
March 1st, 2014, 11:33
. . . .As for a new bird, a Mohawk would be nice. . . . . .
Yep, that would be awesome (the "clean" version would be my choice. . ."without the protuberance extending out from under the nose"). I fly Tim's quite often after redoing the VC and adding a nice shiny paint job (ala Cavenaugh Flight Museums bird). If I could keep it from wanting to take off the minute I release the brakes it would be perfect, lol.

T6flyer
March 1st, 2014, 14:30
Vickers Varsity! :)

Martin

SeanTK
March 1st, 2014, 15:19
It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I noticed that they stated "prop" not, "turboprop" aircraft, but maybe that's an oversight. We'll see. I also know that their Ruskie stuff (at least the Hind) didn't sell well, so I would expect a Western type to appear, rather than a Russian one. Would like to be pleasantly surprised though!