PDA

View Full Version : Flying the Dak out of Duxford!

TuFun
February 27th, 2014, 15:36
Tweaking the sound files...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX_1b7oVzvU

Ian Warren
February 27th, 2014, 17:22
Nice one Ted :cool: , i was in the cockpit yesterday morning, NZ Wigram Museums NZ3551, that cockpit can get very very small, I said to my mate 'Barf' looking and sitting how scary it would have been during that day June the 6th 1944.

TuFun
February 27th, 2014, 19:30
Thanks Ian... much appreciate your comment! TF

manfredc3
February 27th, 2014, 23:20
Great video. Are you using EzDok or TrackIR, and what scenery addon is that?

I didn't know the sound files needed more tweaking ;) They already sound awesome to me. Just starting the engines put's my in a state ecstasy.

I have tomorrow off, and planned flying the Dutch Royal Family in the PH-PBA from Belfast to Gloucestershire, making a stop at the Isle of Man for a spin around the track.

TuFun
February 28th, 2014, 07:56
Great video. Are you using EzDok or TrackIR, and what scenery addon is that?

I didn't know the sound files needed more tweaking ;) They already sound awesome to me. Just starting the engines put's my in a state ecstasy.

I have tomorrow off, and planned flying the Dutch Royal Family in the PH-PBA from Belfast to Gloucestershire, making a stop at the Isle of Man for a spin around the track.

EZDok is one of my favorite programs. The scenery is FSX ACG IWM Duxford. You can get it at FlightSim.com... search for ACG Duxford. There are two files.... the main file and an 2013 update. Also some ai packs there too.

With the sound set I edited the internal sounds, so it's balance with the external sounds. Also, added the fuel pump sound into the package. No need to edited or replace default fuel pump sound.

You'll notice in the video the internal sound are not overpowering and when switching from external views back to cockpit views. I removed the idle skip on the external sounds also.

When Manfred's v.3 with Jan's cockpit is ready I believe this revised sound set will be included. I think the consensuses is that people want all the package included into one total package.

manfredc3
March 2nd, 2014, 22:44
EZDok is one of my favorite programs. The scenery is FSX ACG IWM Duxford. You can get it at FlightSim.com... search for ACG Duxford. There are two files.... the main file and an 2013 update. Also some ai packs there too.

With the sound set I edited the internal sounds, so it's balance with the external sounds. Also, added the fuel pump sound into the package. No need to edited or replace default fuel pump sound.

You'll notice in the video the internal sound are not overpowering and when switching from external views back to cockpit views. I removed the idle skip on the external sounds also.

When Manfred's v.3 with Jan's cockpit is ready I believe this revised sound set will be included. I think the consensuses is that people want all the package included into one total package.

I will definitely have a look at the Duxford scenery.

Thanks for the feedback on the changes you made to the soundpack. I already downloaded V2.

I do agree that your soundpack is an essential addition to the aircraft and should be included, with your permission of course.
There simply is no better soundpack for the C-47/DC-3.

My compliments for your excellent work.