PDA

View Full Version : orbx,is PNW needed?

Daveroo
February 19th, 2014, 09:02
hey all,i have the Orbx FTX global,im going to buy the norcal soon..but i wonder if the Pacific northwest package is up to date enough to put on top of global?.....or do they do differant things?

Sieggie
February 19th, 2014, 10:28
All the areas PNW, PFJ, SAK... are updated constantly so yes it is new enough to go over Global. PNW will replace Global for the area covered not work in conjunction with it. The area product contain everything to make an area better. They have Mesh, corrected airports, textures and landclass all custom tweaked. The Global product is just a texture replacement for FSX default textures, nothing else changes. Even when all the rest of the Global pieces are available, they will be more generic and the area products will look better in the areas they cover then the Global product will be able to. When you install the NCAL area you will see the difference as it will disable Global for the area covered by NCAL. At that point you will most likely what to continue up the coast and get PNW followed by everything else :-)

Dave

Daveroo
February 19th, 2014, 12:47
Dave..thank you very much for that explanation...makes sense to me now..or does it...i have a southern california scenery aswell...forget who from..but should that be ontop of global in the addons area to?...

Sieggie
February 21st, 2014, 11:39
I do not have the global so I am not sure how it is structured in the scenery list, but since it is texture and should not effect anything else, I would try it both below and then above and see what looks the best with whatever California scenery you already have. If the scenery has photo real the global will not be seen regardless of the priority, keep in mind. Also as a point, move the Cal scenery as the ORBX stuff will just put itself back were it was again after the next update.

Dave

AussieMan
February 21st, 2014, 14:54
They released an update patch for PNW a couple of weeks ago Dave.