PDA

View Full Version : All The Kings Horse's

Ickie
February 8th, 2014, 15:31
I think I fixed our problem, all along I noticed this "[ksoftirqd/3]" and no one could tell me what it was I was seeing at the top of processes and the cpu% were high on this process like 80 %.
After 2 days and many real smart a$$ techs calling me stupid, ....................... daa .........
I simply turned off our security scripts IFD, IPTables and the [ksoftirqd/3] and cpu loads went down to zero.
...........daa....................
summery, I think we were being attacked by our scripts in place, or in other words our scripts were being attacked not SOH.:encouragement:

that's my story and I am sticking to it.

now on "Are you being server" and Mrs. Slocumb and her pussy.:biggrin-new:

Ian Warren
February 8th, 2014, 15:46
I do believe that's the story :encouragement:

Roger
February 8th, 2014, 15:47
Ha ha,
I think Mrs. Slocombe and her pussy are content. Good find Ickster:applause:

stansdds
February 8th, 2014, 18:16
I haven't a clue as to what that all means, but I'm glad that SOH is back in business. :applause:

Allen
February 8th, 2014, 19:09
SOH was attacking it self....

Dev One
February 8th, 2014, 22:45
Congratulations Ickie,
glad you found the problem, lets hope it doesn't return.
Keith

Dumonceau
February 8th, 2014, 22:47
I think I fixed our problem, all along I noticed this "[ksoftirqd/3]" and no one could tell me what it was I was seeing at the top of processes and the cpu% were high on this process like 80 %.
After 2 days and many real smart a$$ techs calling me stupid, ....................... daa .........
I simply turned off our security scripts IFD, IPTables and the [ksoftirqd/3] and cpu loads went down to zero.
...........daa....................
summery, I think we were being attacked by our scripts in place, or in other words our scripts were being attacked not SOH.:encouragement:

that's my story and I am sticking to it.

now on "Are you being server" and Mrs. Slocumb and her pussy.:biggrin-new:

Ickie, there is considerable reading on technet about ksoftirqd.

This might be a good place to start: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/34e09fab-ef3f-4adc-b85f-99d065b11899/centos-6-performance-ksoftirqd?forum=winserverhyperv

I think that Allen wasn't too far off in his remark!

Take care (and thanks a million for bringing SOH back up again)

Dumonceau

Maarten -
February 9th, 2014, 00:28
I haven't a clue as to what that all means, but I'm glad that SOH is back in business. :applause:

Ickie, IMHO you are a magician! :medals:Thank you so much for all your efforts! I'm very glad that all is well with SOH again. Luvlyjobbly!!:jump:

Cheers,
Maarten:ernaehrung004:

Rami
February 9th, 2014, 03:10
Ickie,

Many thanks for your supreme (and often unheralded) efforts in finding the problem and correcting it. Your efforts here are sometimes not appreciated like they should be. Now, make your self a sex on the beach (or other favorite tropical beverage) and get those feet up. :applause:

huub vink
February 9th, 2014, 03:16
A huge "thank you" to all involved in solving the problem. A few of you should get a good night sleep now.

Clever thinking Ickie :santahat:.

Huub

Ickie
February 9th, 2014, 03:55
Looks like everything is running fine.
I am taking the day off.

Old Tiger
February 9th, 2014, 04:59
Looks like everything is running fine.
I am taking the day off.

:triumphant:You do that my Friend and have a few:guinness::guinness:on me:very_drunk:. You deserve it.

paiken
February 9th, 2014, 05:24
Ouroboros strikes again?

Ickie
February 9th, 2014, 05:32
it was so frustrating that everyone quit even me ....I through my arms up and said to myself, I QUIT!
I turned off the server and turned off my computer and jumped into the truck and drove across town and ate out .... Chinese food, than went shopping.
I came home and thought what everyone was saying. I tried to get Dave but he was snoozing, lol, CK would not answer his frickin' phone, the smart guys from PSM told me "we will be with you shortly" which they were saying for 4 frickin' days, and data center saying we have a lot of outgoing traffic and suspect we are infected with a virus doing this, nothing made sense, ..Dave scanned everything with the other server and I deleted most of the junk files, ................I was pissed off and was going to fire everyone....:banghead:......I even told Dave that if this wasn't fixed by Monday I was going to buy the newest, fastest server I could afford, than quit as soon as it was online............... then I decided to just do the simplest thing and turn off the IFD.

Little Chacha
February 9th, 2014, 08:04
Hello Mr Ron and everybody Thank you for taking good care of this part of the universe where we can enjoy the peace and quiet and virus free environment :wavey: This is Hannah and I approve this message :jump:

Ickie
February 9th, 2014, 08:17
hay little one:redfire:

Little Chacha
February 9th, 2014, 08:33
(waves) :wavey:

HouseHobbit
February 9th, 2014, 14:13
THANK YOU Master Ickie,
I am very grateful for your efforts in keeping our beloved site up and running..

:ernaehrung004:

Will send a barrel of Hobbit Mead to ya, just don't let the Squirrel have any, he gets Mean!!