PDA

View Full Version : Project Tupolev Tu-154B2 version 1.2 released

ce_zeta
January 26th, 2014, 13:39
Finally landed with exciting new features.

The clock is ticking and the real Tu-154B-2 is flying rare and rare, but virtual model of this beautiful aircraft continues to fly in the simulator and we continue the developement of model. Today we happy to present you version 1.2

The main change in this update is the GPS. Yes, we told you thet it's impossible, but it is. And autopilot can fly by it's signals.

TCAS is updated too. THis is full functional gauge now as it was in Fs9, not just a Vertical Speed indicator.

Another mayor change is the AChS-1 clock. The gauge was updated and logic now is 90% close to real one(you need to set time and set them going- just read the real documentation) The clock is fully animated in VC, and there gauge support up to free independent instances of them(model uses 2)

Other changes are mostly cosmetics.

full changelog:
1. Fixed initialisation of "BKK Test" and "AUASP Test/reset" switches
2. fixed the conflict of AP switches and Service Gauge input
3. KLN-90B is working and AP is linked to the gauge
4. Animated buttons and switches on Yoke
5. Animated pressure gauges in VC
6. AChS-1 reworked
7. TCAS finished
Source and download from:http://www.protu-154.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12840

KLN only in 2D panel.

ce_zeta
January 26th, 2014, 13:46
http://i.imgur.com/GHMaYn8.jpg
In the office at midnight.

The quality of this freeware is simply amazing.

srgalahad
January 26th, 2014, 14:18
Looks nice!
Now to figure out how to download it...
The link on the Project Tupolev forum page takes me to a 5gb(dot)net page but I can't find a way to download the file

scott967b
January 26th, 2014, 14:20
Thanks. Just the other day I was wondering if anything was going on in Tu-154 land.

scott s.

StormILM
January 26th, 2014, 14:24
Those guys have always made a great model but where I lose interest is the complex control setup needed to use your controller. I don't mind the startup and all the other typical Russian procedures but the controller setup is a killer for me. I don't reckon they'll ever make a simplified version that allows normal FSX controller inputs.

SeanTK
January 26th, 2014, 14:42
Looks nice!
Now to figure out how to download it...
The link on the Project Tupolev forum page takes me to a 5gb(dot)net page but I can't find a way to download the file

On the page it sends you to, there is a blue button that says "create download link". Press it, and the option to save a zip file to your system should be available.

This file is big enough to likely supersede the older versions entirely (meaning that you don't need to install v1.0 and 1.1 first, but I need to check), but if you want access to at least the HD paintkit, go here:

http://files.protu-154.org/pt-154b2_fsx.html

At the time of writing, this 1.2 update is not yet available on the "files" page linked prior.

Also take note of the quick fixes posted further down in the update thread that the OP linked to regarding an external lights fix and an I-21 button error.

Keep in mind that this is not a "Ctrl-E" (autostart) addon. It is a systems simulation of a 1970s-era Soviet jetliner.
Also keep in mind that it comes with a ~300 page English-language flight manual (from the FS2004 version/days, but it works with this version from a procedural point of view. Some of the info inside related to FSUIPC and other administrative manners is no longer applicable.)

This addon uses it's own control interface outside of the FSX control system, meaning you must "deactivate" your joystick in FSX itself, and use the included joystick setup utility with the aircraft. If I recall correctly, it's a Shift+# pop-up window. This allows for correct autopilot interaction with your hardware inputs, as well as a generally more accurate "feel" for flying the aircraft as the addon itself measures/computes your hardware inputs.

Finally, remember that despite this being FSX-native, FS2004-era repaints should work with this model as well. Many are available on flightsim.com, and the "Russian Avsim" (www.avsimrus.com (http://www.avsimrus.com) or www.avsim.su (http://www.avsim.su))

STK

EDIT: I recommend "stickying" this thread as this is a major, high-quality freeware release.

flaviossa
January 26th, 2014, 15:16
Is there a Air Koryo paint to this bird?

Naismith
January 26th, 2014, 15:51
Shame it appears to not be DX10 friendly, all I get in the o/s view is a skeleton 'pit and the a/c shadow on the ground. :banghead:

flaviossa
January 26th, 2014, 16:04
For some reason the tcas (STT_RP_TCAS_X_1_0.DLL) is allways crashing FS here. It´s a new feature with 1.2. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/dizzy.gif
The 70´ panel is working ok, because don´t have the tcas.

Edit: There is a talk about the tcas crash in here (google translator):
- http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/133663-%D0%BF%D1%82-%D1%82%D1%83-154%D0%B1-2-fsx-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%81%D0%B8%D1%8F-12/

SeanTK
January 26th, 2014, 17:58
Is there a Air Koryo paint to this bird?

tupolev_tu154b2_air_koryo.zip @Avsim
pt_tu154b2_kor.zip @Avsim

Pick which one you prefer...both are essentially the same.

I am installing this new version now and will report back if/when it crashes due to the TCAS.

EDIT: Well, something seems to have gone wrong with this release. Among the problems I'm having:
1. Crash when attempting to use '90s panel.
2. Missing nav lights.
3. Missing cockpit flood lights.
4. Missing underside rear beacon
5. Battery "whine" sound only coming on after APU is online (stays on aferwards once generators online and APU turned off following start). Silence when only the battery switches are on, whereas I think the whine sound should be present as soon as you flip the battery switches, prior to anything else. I have reported this and will find out if it's accurate or not.

Still experimenting....

EDIT 2: Apparently you can add the following to the lights section in the aircraft.cfg for flood lighting. Haven't tried it yet. Replace the 'x' letters with the next sequential number.

light.x = 4, 69.0, 0.00, 6.00, fx_vclight, light.x = 4, 65.0, 1.00, 7.00, fx_vclight,

And here's my older additional light for the lower beacon (I think this is the correct one of the two lines)...

light.x=1, -51.80, 0.00, 29.60, fx_beaconh ,

Additionally, it looks like the '90s version will load if you load the '70s first, but that doesn't seem right and I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.
Will wait to hear back on fixes.

flaviossa
January 26th, 2014, 18:43
About the Lights and missing buttons in vc, there are 2 fix already in PTupolev fórum. Look at 1.2 release topic. In the end of first Page. Thanks about the paints links.

SeanTK
January 26th, 2014, 18:58
Yes, I specified those in my original post. That lights issue was with the lights lighting up the fuselage (tail) with the correct textures. This is a "bulb" issue, at least on my system.
The other issues are not missing button issues, they are systems logic issues.

flaviossa
January 27th, 2014, 02:49
Ah, correct. Let´s wait what the developer says :encouragement:

ncooper
January 27th, 2014, 03:24
Shame it appears to not be DX10 friendly, all I get in the o/s view is a skeleton 'pit and the a/c shadow on the ground. :banghead:

It is entirely Dx10 friendly here, I suggest you review your Dx10 set up.

1. Crash when attempting to use '90s panel.
2. Missing nav lights.
3. Missing cockpit flood lights.
4. Missing underside rear beacon
5. Battery "whine" sound only coming on after APU is online (stays on aferwards once generators online and APU turned off following start). Silence when only the battery switches are on, whereas I think the whine sound should be present as soon as you flip the battery switches, prior to anything else. I have reported this and will find out if it's accurate or not.

!. No crash here with the 90's panel or model
2.No missing nav lights
3.VC floodlights present.
4. Beacon present
5.To hear the cooling fans etc, you need to both switch on the batteries and alter the position of
the switch to the right of the two red lights on the panel above.
I stand to be corrected but I believe the choices are
Middle position, power from the APU generator, sound will steart after the APU has.
Up position, Ground Power. There is none, so sounds as above.
Down position, aircraft batteries, sounds will start straight away.

Possibly I have downloaded a corrected file but I have no problems at all with this aircraft model and continue to
consider it one of the very best, regardless of pay or freeware.
In fact, I could but will not name several payware aircraft that cannot hold a candle to it.

ce_zeta
January 27th, 2014, 05:56
Thanks Sean for Complete the information.

Yep...I'm not suffer a crash loading 90's panel. Always load the aircraft in 2D panel.

Sean. I check my aircraft (v1.2) and I have this lines in [lights]...strange, but flood lights doesn't work.

flaviossa
January 27th, 2014, 07:07
Is there a way to make only this aircraft loads with 2d panel, or do i have to change FS parameter (In settings-display): default cockpit view --> 2d instrument panel?

Edit: I´d lite to propose a test. I´m not near my FSX computer now, so if someone can test this (Only for the guys with crashing tcas):
Try to edit the panel.cfg (The 90 panel that crashes):

On entry "[Window21]" that is about tcas gauge change:
"visible=0" to "visible=1"

This will force 2d tcas to load when the plane loads. Well ... just a guess. I´ll try tonight, but if someone wants to try it first :encouragement:

ce_zeta
January 27th, 2014, 07:59
You need change the FS parameter Flaviossa.

Another piece of cake of this amazing aircraft is the working FDR.

All people was surprised when few months ago, a very known developer include a working FDR in one of his products....
Well....Project Tupolev Include this feature since 2009 at least!!! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/applause.gif

Our beloved Tupolev Tu-154B2 have a Flight Data Recorder model MSRP-64M-2. (Polish Tu-154M PL-101 mounted the version M-6).

http://i.imgur.com/kCUXi.jpg
FDR MSRP-64M-2.

The FDR is mounted in the top right of the engineer panel.

This FDR register 30 parameters. During cruise phase, register data each 3 seconds, but in the critical phases of flight, can register each 0,16 seconds.

Operate the MSRP is easy.

1º)Input date and flight number with the wheels.
2º) Put two unprotected switches (left and center) in upper position.
3º) When step 2 is complete. Green lights shine (Meaning: File where data is stored has been created).
When our speed is above 100 km/h, this 2 lights start to shine intermittently (Meaning: FDR is recording data).
4º) When you put the switches of step 2 in lower position, green lights off (Data file is closed and saved).

The white button in the right side of the FDR is light test. The protected switch is for activate a limitation of 10.000 lines in the data file. When 10.000 lines are stored in the file....FDR start to overvwitre the file from the beginning. (is a very useful feature, in order to prevent a very big file size in very long flights)
MAPC Light is inoperative in the sim (Is the Cabin Voice Recorder (CVR) 'Mars', it'snot causalty MAPC=MARS http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/adoration.png)

The file where the MSRP store the data is:
FSX...Airplanes/Tu-154B2/gauges.shared/config/MSRP
FS9...FS9\Gauges\Tu154_cfg/MSRP (orientativo)

With the Trackview software available in avsim.su....we can see our path in google Earth.
http://i.imgur.com/eivNn.jpg
Il-86X of Kirill Konovalov an Il-62 of Project Tupolev also use this gauge.

ncooper
January 27th, 2014, 08:56
flaviossa
Is there a way to make only this aircraft loads with 2d panel, or do i have to change FS parameter (In settings-display): default cockpit view --> 2d instrument panel?

If it has been correctly installed, by default this aircraft model does indeed always load the 2D cockpit, regardless of the view you have selected in your saved default flight.
Once loaded, you should see the gauges flicker for a few moments as it sets itself up and then, although it can be started from the VC, it is better to use the 2D panels. They are easier to see among other things.
The only way to stop it doing this is to disable the Cockpit view in the cameras.cfg file but then the aircraft does not work properly.
In my opinion, there is nothing at all wrong with the model or the gauges but rather that various users have amended their FSX installations in a way that causes it to fault, as evidenced by the way that it works exactly as it should at my house, in Dx10 as well, with no tinkering with its files.
I do not know if it affects this model but I do know that it does affect others, such as the Sibwings AN-2, if the DisablePreLoad=1 so called "tweak" is in the fsx.cfg file it may well cause problems.

Naismith
January 27th, 2014, 12:50
Ooops Re my DX10 comment above, I apologise I was wrong, I forgot I am an EZDOK user and have now corrected the issue. This is a fine DX10 capable aircraft.

flaviossa
January 27th, 2014, 15:37
SeanTK, do you get it working? I started it with 2d panels but it only crashed my FS quickier :dizzy:

SeanTK
January 27th, 2014, 16:18
I need to tinker with it tonight. I've been flying the Project Tupolev Tu-154B-2 for nearly a decade now (started in the early FS2004 days with I think version 9.4, if not earlier) and these issues are new to me. I don't recall having this many setup problems with version 1.1. (I also just checked an old copy, and the battery whine comes on with the battery switches only, not this new situation where everything is silent until you connect to the APU...)

I'll let you know how it goes.

On the PT forum, Kirill did say to ensure that you start with the 2D panel first when loading the '90s version. I'll try your fix first, and if that doesn't work, I'll try setting 2D panel priority in FSX (then switch to VC in sim) and go from there. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll stick with the still-pleasant '70s version.
Also will fidget with the lights, as it may be my settings on a relatively fresh FSX install.

EDIT:

How many of you saying the lights work (cockpit flood, nav, beacon, etc) are using the actual light switches and not just hitting the "L" key? The light switches aren't activating the lights, but hitting the "L" key is. That's a bug...
Still can only get the 90s version to load if I load the 70s in-sim first.

delta_lima
January 29th, 2014, 08:29
Any reason why this isn't stickied? We have sticked a development thread which I found a bit odd (and I like my DC-3s/C-47s as much as the next guy, esp anything Javis does) - but hey - whatever - it's a fantastic on-going project.

But this is a complete, and high-quality FSX release - surely it's the kind of thing that stickies were meant for, no?

cheers,

DL

flaviossa
January 29th, 2014, 11:14
It already passed some time "stickied". Maybe you´re saying it need more time?

delta_lima
January 29th, 2014, 11:42
My apologies - it didn't appear to me that it got any. I come most days - maybe I missed it.

DL

SeanTK
January 29th, 2014, 13:43
I don't recall seeing this release stickied either, although past versions have been. It is a niche addon though (despite being extremely well done) so it's understandable.
It looks like a few others are continuing to have problems with the lights (they are there with the L key, but the actual switches on the console don't work) and the 90s panel. Waiting for further instructions.

ncooper
January 29th, 2014, 14:49
Although I do not have any of the other problems, yes, the light switches do not work for me either, only the L key.

ce_zeta
February 2nd, 2014, 02:54
Patch 1.2.1 was released.
Download. (http://5gb.net/6hq89mgghqcc)

Kirill message.

patch 1.2 -> 1.2.1

Fixed TCAS,
Fixed Ligth Switches,
Fixed problems with ADF and COM-radios

You need version 1.2 first!

SeanTK
February 2nd, 2014, 08:56
Patch 1.2.1 was released.
Download. (http://5gb.net/6hq89mgghqcc)

Kirill message.

Just did a quick load with the '90s panel, and it looks like everything is working wonderfully now! Looking forward to getting back in the air with this new update to the Tu-154B-2!

flaviossa
February 15th, 2014, 11:48
Just saw the patch now :icon_eek:
Working perfectly now!!

Vassili
July 6th, 2014, 05:09
Greetings from sunny Greece.
I hope you are all well.

Does anyone have any news on the status of this amazing plane? It seems that their site is down again and I am having trouble finding all necessary files to upgrade to v1.2 and v1.2.1

Your help will be much appreciated.

ce_zeta
July 6th, 2014, 05:24
The site is online. The url is: http://www.protu-154.org

Kirill upload the files of v1.2 and v1.2.1 patch to Dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15852802/Tu-154B-2%20FSX%201.2.exe

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15852802/Tu-154B-2%20FSX%201.2.1.exe

Regards.

Vassili
July 6th, 2014, 07:48
Wow, what a superb and prompt reply.
Thank you sir!

I seem to have a problem with the KLN. The fonts of the KLN screen are very big and one half of the screen is inaccessible. Any idea how to resolve this?

ce_zeta
July 7th, 2014, 05:55
Wow, what a superb and prompt reply.
Thank you sir!

I seem to have a problem with the KLN. The fonts of the KLN screen are very big and one half of the screen is inaccessible. Any idea how to resolve this?
You are welcome.

Yes, I have the same problem with KLN.
The source code of the KLN is open source now, but nobody with kwnowledge tried to fix it.

rjoosterloo
July 18th, 2014, 06:12

Try to resize the KLN90B window. That fixed the problem for me. I changed Window05 in the panel.cfg file to:

[Window05]
Background_color=0,0,0
//size_mm=441,142
size_mm=882,320
//window_size_ratio=1.000
position=2
visible=0
ident=12700
render_3d_window=0
zorder=4
window_size= 0.360 0.200
//window_size= 0.3275, 0.2166