PDA

View Full Version : Some classic aircraft carriers

leuen
January 19th, 2014, 02:49
Hi,

These are former CFS2 ships with modified sim and aircraft.cfg files to be used as AI.

USS "Oriksany" at Alameda Naval Base

USS "Lexington" at San Diego Naval Base

USS "Coral Sea" at Norfolk Naval Base (with USS "Valley Forge" at background)

USS "Midway" leaving Pearl Harbor

Although they are placed with Afcad and traffic file, carriers remain static. Planes on decks are static objects added afterwards.

Bernard

Mick
January 19th, 2014, 05:29
Very interesting! Very, very interesting!!

Can the decks be hardened for landing? (And the static planes be removed to clear the decks?)

Can they be placed in locations other than those depicted?

leuen
January 19th, 2014, 10:54
Can the decks be hardened for landing? (And the static planes be removed to clear the decks?)

Can they be placed in locations other than those depicted?

No, you can't land on "flyable" model, even I used it as AI. Static Aircraft mdl Maker (SAAM) doesn't support CFS2 files.

The static planes have been placed with Instant Scenery. So no problem to delete the files and get a blank deck.

As AI the carriers could be placed at any location as long as you create a small Afcad (RWY and parking is enough). Of course, you should have some knowledge about creating a ship traffic and modifying configuration of CFS2 ships.

Bernard

mmann
January 20th, 2014, 04:45
Static Aircraft mdl Maker (SAAM) doesn't support CFS2 files.
Bernard

SAAM doesn't, but ModelConverterX does.

I tried it on the USS "Coral Sea" and it took a little doing (too many vertices for a FS9 scenery object) but with a little work in 3ds Max, I ended up with a landable static model.

Mick
January 20th, 2014, 06:18
SAAM doesn't, but ModelConverterX does.

I tried it on the USS "Coral Sea" and it took a little doing (too many vertices for a FS9 scenery object) but with a little work in 3ds Max, I ended up with a landable static model.

Great! :encouragement: Could I entice you to share it? :adoration: Pretty please...

mmann
January 20th, 2014, 07:16
Unfortunately, this model is not mine to share. The authors prohibit "uploaded to ANY website without consent", in the documentation for this model.

Mick
January 20th, 2014, 07:20
Unfortunately, this model is not mine to share. The authors prohibit "uploaded to ANY website without consent", in the documentation for this model.

Bummer!

Do you suppose it would be acceptable to just send a copy directly to someone - like me - but not posting it anywhere?

mmann
January 20th, 2014, 08:23
Sorry, but as a freeware developer (with uploads to AVSIM and FlightSim.com), I wouldn't feel comfortable distributing other freeware developer's work.

Mick
January 20th, 2014, 09:42
Sorry, but as a freeware developer (with uploads to AVSIM and FlightSim.com), I wouldn't feel comfortable distributing other freeware developer's work.

Awww...

OK :sorrow:

Sascha66
July 4th, 2014, 01:51
Hi, are these ships available for download anywhere? I didn't find them in the library and from this thread I didn't understand if they have been published, or a work in progress or a private project ...

Thanks!
Sascha

leuen
July 4th, 2014, 02:44
Hi, are these ships available for download anywhere?

About which ships are you speaking?

Bernard

Sascha66
July 10th, 2014, 07:45
The AI carriers in the first post. I'm always looking for ships to populate harbors and oceans.

Golden Rocket
July 10th, 2014, 07:56
Search in CFS2 ships Library for "USS Coral Sea", USS Midway", "USS Lexington" and "USS Oriksany".

Bernard