PDA

View Full Version : Painting Question.....Really Hacked off!!!!!

Hooky722
January 16th, 2014, 15:48
Could someone out there hazard a guess as to why when I download a new font and try and use it in PS CS5 Only about 2 or 3 letters will actually show up? or it will snap back to myriad pro? getting frustrating now
:banghead: any help appreciated as always!

Many Thanks

Hooky

flyinggoldfish
January 16th, 2014, 16:01
One of the USAF/RAF/RCAF fonts from simmers paintshop perhaps? I've got the same problem...

No idea why, but when I load them into a font viewer there's only numbers and a handful of letters available...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

trucker17
January 16th, 2014, 16:02
Could someone out there hazard a guess as to why when I download a new font and try and use it in PS CS5 Only about 2 or 3 letters will actually show up? or it will snap back to myriad pro? getting frustrating now
:banghead:
any help appreciated as always!

Many Thanks

Hooky

What kind of program are you using to do your paints.....?

Hooky722
January 16th, 2014, 16:07
One of the USAF/RAF/RCAF fonts from simmers paintshop perhaps? I've got the same problem...

No idea why, but when I load them into a font viewer there's only numbers and a handful of letters available...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

You've hit the nail right on the head there my friend but it's not just from there I've got a few from all over they do the same thing

Hooky722
January 16th, 2014, 16:08
What kind of program are you using to do your paints.....?

Photoshop CS5 I've been having to cut and past each character which as you can imagine is time consuming and irritating as hell!

Lane Street
January 16th, 2014, 17:25
Some of those fonts are specific to an airline or a country and only contain the appropriate characters.

As an example, I have a JAL font that only has numbers and A,J,K and N because those are the only letters that will be used by JAL. Or at least they were when the font was made.

cheers,
Lane

Hanimichal
January 16th, 2014, 18:27
Paint the letters by yourself, that what I do when I can't find the appropriate font

ColoKent
January 16th, 2014, 20:00
Try Amarillo font...it's free to download...

Kent

Lionheart
January 16th, 2014, 22:45
Yep, I was going to say, if you don't see other font in the font pack, you have a font that doesn't have all the graphics in it. There is quite a lot of font like that, that is specialized. Some are mostly numbers and capitals, etc.

Ian Warren
January 17th, 2014, 10:58
Paint the letters by yourself, that what I do when I can't find the appropriate font
Exactly what i do :encouragement: .. Hooky, you have to think outside the square monitor :untroubled: