PDA

View Full Version : SOH A-26 Crashes

familton
January 1st, 2014, 19:33
I have the SOH A-26 installed. I first installed the FS9 version and updated it to FSX. I can get the aircraft to show up in the aircraft select window. When I click OK I can see the models visualized OK. As soon as I click the Fly Now button I get a crash in FSX. I have checked all the filenames for correctness. There are no problems with the textures as I can see them all in FSRepaint OK. The panel.cfg opens OK in FSPanelStudio with no missing gauges or errors. The Event Viewer is of no help as all it says is FSX crashed. The aircraft.cfg has all the right entries and all the textures, panel and sound files are called out OK. The air file seems OK. I have the right FSX version of the dsd sound gauge in my Gauges folder.

I am stumped as to why it crashes FSX. Any help sure would be appreciated. Bob.

Megadog
January 1st, 2014, 20:07
Delete the eng. start gauge if you installed it! It will crash fsx if installed.

familton
January 1st, 2014, 21:13
Hi. Thanks. I don't have that gauge installed. I have tracked it down to the panel.cfg. If I alias it to some other panel it works OK. Would it be possible to have you post your panel.cfg or send it to me if I contact you via PM? I'd sure appreciate it. Best regards, Bob.

Milton Shupe
January 2nd, 2014, 04:09
Hi. Thanks. I don't have that gauge installed. I have tracked it down to the panel.cfg. If I alias it to some other panel it works OK. Would it be possible to have you post your panel.cfg or send it to me if I contact you via PM? I'd sure appreciate it. Best regards, Bob.

Hello Bob,

Here is a working panel.cfg.

familton
January 2nd, 2014, 05:56
Hi Milton. Thanks very much. That did it. It looks like it was the dsd sound gauge line that was causing my problems. I hate it when FSX crashes and gives no real clue as to what happened. Thanks, Happy New Year, Bob.

Milton Shupe
January 2nd, 2014, 06:05
Hi Milton. Thanks very much. That did it. It looks like it was the dsd sound gauge line that was causing my problems. I hate it when FSX crashes and gives no real clue as to what happened. Thanks, Happy New Year, Bob.

Yes, that line was commented out and documented I believe to be removed for FSX in the original port over version but somehow resurfaced active.

familton
January 2nd, 2014, 07:17
Hi Milton. OK. Thanks. Regards, Bob.