PDA

View Full Version : A great Xmas present

b52bob
December 31st, 2013, 14:08
For Xmas got a 30min simulator flight in a 737-700ng simulator at The Flight Deck in Anahiem ca.

Its harder than it looks on fsx. Took of from LAX and landed at John Wayne u
hand flown with the ils. Managed to land the thing without crashing.

A great time...anyone in the area should try it.

Bob

Roger
December 31st, 2013, 14:43
Sounds like a great Christmas present!

Pepere
January 1st, 2014, 05:48
Do you know the price to rent it?

David

b52bob
January 1st, 2014, 08:18
Do you know the price to rent it?

David

I believe it was $49 with a Xmas discount

sketchy
January 1st, 2014, 08:23
For Xmas got a 30min simulator flight in a 737-700ng simulator at The Flight Deck in Anahiem
Bob

Bob,

That sounds great, my nearest and dearest bought me the same thing at the same place, I have yet to go. What is the set up there like? Is a replica cockpit with projectors? Sounds cool either way, I am not really a tube liner person in FSX but looking forward to it.

I do know there was a similar simulator set up at Chino Airport by the Planes Of Fame Museum, I have been meaning to check that out too.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you!

All the best,

Sketchy

harrybasset
January 1st, 2014, 09:34
I had flights in an F4M and a Handley Page Victor simulator. I did not cover myself in glory in the Phantom as I found depth perception through the windscreen very difficult. I also landed pressing the brake pedals and burnt them out. The Victor lost real world power to the simulator but some control remained. Luckily I was at 40000 feet so was able to glide down until power was restored and I was able to crash it with all systems working. These were both really procedural simulators with limited motion (Your body reacts to and amplifies the motion cues anyway) Great fun if you can get a go.