PDA

View Full Version : HELP! HELP! HELP! This is no way to end 2013,,,

UnknownGuest12
December 29th, 2013, 09:28
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decided to reduce the number of planes in FSX, they were so many, that I tought, better reinstall.

Started uninstal, something went wrong because now, I'm not able to reinstall .BTW, own a legit copy.
When I try to reinstall got a window with "remove and repair options" only. When I tried one of them a message appears "Error number 0x80040702 failed to load DLL;Gameux install helper"

Something must be well kepted in registry. Use Reg Cleaner, no result...now I'm removing all reg entries one by one and going mad...hundreds.

Everything else is A OK in this machine P3D fine...hate when I thin that perhaps I'll have to format W7 to have FSX back.:redfire:

Someone PLEASE, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards and HAPPY NEW YEAR

PrivateCustard
December 29th, 2013, 09:43
I had some issues uninstalling a while back, so I pulled it all manually.

My docs/my pictures
appdata/roaming (cfg, some 'bin' files, dll's, xml's etc...)
appdata/local (shader files)
the complete install folder
c:/ProgramData/microsoft/fsx
all traces of any addons you had installed

Then some CCleaner work, to remove entries from the uninstall list, and then clean the registry.

Honestly, I don't think this is a good way to do things!!

papab
December 29th, 2013, 09:53
Wiki
http://wikifixes.com/errors/0x/0x80040702/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=0x80040702&utm_campaign=WF.S.USA.ErrorN.P&gclid=CKXHu8GM1rsCFWJo7AodtxgAgg

MS answer:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/error-number-0x80040702-description-failed-to-load/1e861927-f510-418d-aa78-9f219d17f9d1

Hope this helps

Rick

ncooper
December 29th, 2013, 09:57
It's probably too late now but if you really feel the need to re-install
FSX, by far the best way is to use the repair option.
If you haven't done too much damage to the registry, you might still
get away with it.

Wherever your copy of FSX is, simply rename that folder to "FSXOLD"
for example and then create a new folder with the same name as your
original folder had.

Thus, in my case C:\FSX is changed to C:\FSXOLD and the new empty folder
is named C:\FSX.

Once you have done this, run the repair and a whole new FSX will be installed
into your empty folder.
You don't need to worry about the registry or re-activating the game because as
far as your OS can see, nothing has changed.

Also, aircraft have no effect on FSX until they are used, so can be moved or
deleted at will.

Regards,
Nick.

racartron
December 29th, 2013, 10:09
I can't help with the current problem as I've never been there. But, to manage your aircraft better in the future, you might try my method.

I zip up EVERY plane I have and there are thousands not even counting liveries which some planes have upwards of a 100 each.

Then I keep them "hangered" offline on another drive until I want a specific plane then I just unzip it to the fsx/airplane folder and take off.

Over time the online fleet builds up again but all I have to do is simple delete the unwanted planes and defrag for good measure.

I do hope you sort out the re-install without having to spend all of your remaining holiday time doing it.

ps: Almost forgot very important bit. Whenever I make a change to a plane, no matter how small, I immediately zip it up and update the offline hanger. That way when I do need to do some cleanup, my hanger is current.

Hanimichal
December 29th, 2013, 14:35
It's probably too late now but if you really feel the need to re-install
FSX, by far the best way is to use the repair option.
If you haven't done too much damage to the registry, you might still
get away with it.

Wherever your copy of FSX is, simply rename that folder to "FSXOLD"
for example and then create a new folder with the same name as your
original folder had.

Thus, in my case C:\FSX is changed to C:\FSXOLD and the new empty folder
is named C:\FSX.

Once you have done this, run the repair and a whole new FSX will be installed
into your empty folder.
You don't need to worry about the registry or re-activating the game because as
far as your OS can see, nothing has changed.

Also, aircraft have no effect on FSX until they are used, so can be moved or
deleted at will.

Regards,
Nick.

Agree, this is the best way

UnknownGuest12
December 29th, 2013, 16:14
Agree, this is the best way

Thank you all.

Registry is completly clean of FSX references, as well as all files related to FSX on C: and D: were it was installed. When I try to reinstall get two options, Repair and Uninstall. None of them works, error message 0X80040702.

Can't figure why, something must be well buried into registry, because installer assumes there are FSX files om my system and I cannot absolutly find them....Very odd....

Thanks a lot, and a Very Good 2014 for all my friends

Roger
December 29th, 2013, 16:57
Hi Beau, this is probably a good insight to completely removing FsX and then reinstalling.... http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

ncooper
December 29th, 2013, 22:54
Last ditch suggestion.

Did you find and delete this registry entry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Microsoft Games\flight simulator\10

This is where the original installation details are stored.
There may by now be too much other damage but it is worth a try.

Regards,
Nick

UnknownGuest12
December 30th, 2013, 04:06
Good day to you all and many, many thanks for your help.

Done exactly everything suggested. Have no reference on my system to FSX. Everything has been througly cleaned. Registry, entries on C, everything. Result is always the same, see photo :dizzy:

Think already lost too many hours trying to solve this, one of this days will format everything. Something is hanging somewhere and think it will be very very difficult to find.

Once agasin, thanks a lot.

Best regards

Daube
December 30th, 2013, 05:47
When you tried to uninstall it the first time, how did you proceed exactely ?

UnknownGuest12
December 30th, 2013, 07:10
When you tried to uninstall it the first time, how did you proceed exactely ?

Option to uninstall was not present in Control panel/remove programs. Donīt know why.

Then start unistall with Disc 1 of FSX. Started, then stoped. Blocked,

Use End Session, tried to start again, no way. Removed everything mannually.

Believe FSX not presente anymore, unless some .log

Will try...
Thanks

Daube
December 30th, 2013, 07:26
That's not good.
In the "Add-Remove programs" list, you should see the FSX support packages, or FSX Acceleration. You have to uninstall these first, and then FSX appears in the list.

Did you try deleting the folder where the FSX.cfg is ? In c:\users\your name\appdata\Roaming\Microsoft
There should also be some folders in c:\users\your name\appdata\Local or LocalNow or something like that....
Finally, in your registry tool you mentionned, how did you search for FSX entries ? With "FSX" or "Flight Simulator" or both ?
There should be just one key, mentioned just above, indicating the FSX path. The whole Flight Simulator "folder" has to be deleted.