PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Aviator Series - Jabiru J-160 now available to purchase

Smudge
December 28th, 2013, 04:55
Just in time for new year, we've released the Jabiru J-160!!

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/fsxp3d-aviator-series-jabiru-j-160

We've had some great feedback from the Open Beta testing which has made a fantastic little LSA/RA aircraft for your VFR simming needs!

:)

Portia911
January 3rd, 2014, 15:26
Congrats on the release!
I have looked on your website, but can't find any instructions on how owners of the open beta version upgrade to the final release version (?)

Smudge
January 3rd, 2014, 16:57
Portia, If you've purchased from the IRIS Store, simply log back into your account and re-download the archive from your previous orders.

I don't know if Flightsimstore and PCAviator have updated their files as yet though.

Also, there are instructions specific for Open Beta users on our wiki below which need to be done prior to installation. :)

http://wiki.irissimulations.com.au/index.php?title=Jabiru_J160C/D

If you need any further help, please feel free to ask.

Portia911
January 3rd, 2014, 19:32
Thanks for the speedy reply, David. I got the beta from Flightsimstore, but they are still describing it as the open beta, so I'll have to wait for them to update. I saw the wiki instruction on removing the beta before loading the final, but I don't want to do that until I have it (can still have fun in the beta for a few more days!)
Cheers

vora
January 4th, 2014, 07:56
Just out of interest: the Jabiru panels either have an attitude indicator or a variometer but not both. Is that normal with this type? If I get into a cloud wouldn't want to miss either of them.

Smudge
January 4th, 2014, 22:11
Vora,

That's correct, the EFIS display features a VSI and ADI, but the Analog pit has no ADI.

The aircraft is categorised for Day VFR only, so strictly speaking, I'd be staying clear of the clouds! :)

Portia911
January 5th, 2014, 12:18
Flightsimstore updated yesterday. Final version installed and running fine.
Thank you, David.

Smudge
January 6th, 2014, 06:45
Fantastic!

teeboy
January 7th, 2014, 02:04
Good fun little addon. Flies well on my system (normally everything is a bit twitchy in pitch). Wish the efis was a bit more featured and I find the windnoise a bit excessive - makes comms hard to hear, not something you would experience with a headset. Lands well too...

Smudge
January 7th, 2014, 02:16
Thanks Teeboy, the audio was recorded by me using a camera in the cockpit, so the samples are a lot higher than wearing a headset. I'll look into adjusting the internal audio for something you may hear in the aircraft. Great find!