PDA

View Full Version : WWII Fighters P-47

mwstevenson
January 18th, 2009, 13:35
Does anyone out there know how to get rid of the rocket tubes under the P-47D's wings? They can't be jettisoned from inside the cockpit so there must be a model or config rewrite involved. I guess there are a few fellow purists out there who are looking toward removing these tubes. Does anyone know how?
Thanks

TomSteber
January 18th, 2009, 13:37
There's a patch at their website.

mwstevenson
January 18th, 2009, 16:36
Thanks, I went to their website and downloaded patch 1.2 - it says it can't find WWII Fighters on my machine, which I suppose is technically true because the Shockwave aircraft there are from a boxed set called Shockwave Aircraft Powerpack that included these aircraft as downloads - they're WWII Fighter aircraft all right, but never came in the WWII Fighters box. I've sent their tech support an email explaining this, and am waiting to see what the next move is.

Smashing Time
January 18th, 2009, 16:37
The button to turn off rockets is at the bottom left.
:kilroy:

mwstevenson
January 18th, 2009, 16:45
Thanks - I just went into the sim to be sure I wasn't overlooking it - my panel doesn't have that icon - is it possible for you to email the update to me?

Smashing Time
January 18th, 2009, 16:51
Thanks - I just went into the sim to be sure I wasn't overlooking it - my panel doesn't have that icon - is it possible for you to email the update to me?
I did not upload anything other than the 1.2 patch!

mwstevenson
January 18th, 2009, 17:04
I tried that but for some reason the installation program says I don't have WWII Fighters on my machine - I got the aircraft from the Shockwave Aircraft Powerpack, not WWII Fighters - I suppose that's what's confusing the install program:help:

modelr
January 18th, 2009, 17:28
I tried that but for some reason the installation program says I don't have WWII Fighters on my machine - I got the aircraft from the Shockwave Aircraft Powerpack, not WWII Fighters - I suppose that's what's confusing the install program:help:

That's the problem. When Lewis sees your email, or this thread, I'm sure he'll get right to you. He does his level best to take care of problems like yours. Just give him time to see it. He checks in often.

mwstevenson
January 18th, 2009, 17:36
Many thanks for the tip - I can wait until Lewis drops by - patience is not a strong suit for a lot of people - never pray for it, you'll get plenty of chances to practice!!!

modelr
January 18th, 2009, 17:41
:amen: