PDA

View Full Version : Justflight Military PlusPak 1 & 2

WarHorse47
December 18th, 2013, 11:45
I've been thinking about picking these up as a Christmas present to myself.

Anyone have these? They okay? Any issues, concerns or comments? :mushroom:

I'm desperate to get some AI traffic at our local bases, but would like some input before taking the plunge.

Thanks all.

YoYo
December 18th, 2013, 12:38
I have (for Traffic X) but honestly never saw any military aircraft (Airliners 16%, GA 25%...in FSX), maybe one time F/A-18 over Canada.

rayhere48
December 18th, 2013, 14:24
I have had them for a while now and they do put military traffic at allot of bases. The air traffic is mixed, but it does look better then not having any mil traffic.

Victory103
December 18th, 2013, 18:17
www.militaryaiworks.com

Most AI models in the JF packs are out as freeware, and better looking as well. I bought a pack just to get 2 AI helos that haven't been made yet and hangar'd the others.

WarHorse47
December 18th, 2013, 18:26
www.militaryaiworks.com (http://www.militaryaiworks.com)

Most AI models in the JF packs are out as freeware, and better looking as well. I bought a pack just to get 2 AI helos that haven't been made yet and hangar'd the others.So you're saying the MAIW packages can be installed into FSX? How so? I thought they were for FS9 and that there was some messy conversion process that you had to follow. If they do, why don't they say they can be used in FSX?

I have several for my FS9 install and I love them, so I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to bring them over to FSX if there was an easy to follow process. Or if someone wouldn't mind converting them for me, if that's what it takes.

Butcherbird17
December 18th, 2013, 20:31
So you're saying the MAIW packages can be installed into FSX? How so? I thought they were for FS9 and that there was some messy conversion process that you had to follow. If they do, why don't they say they can be used in FSX?

I have several for my FS9 install and I love them, so I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to bring them over to FSX if there was an easy to follow process. Or if someone wouldn't mind converting them for me, if that's what it takes.

Yes you can use MAIW packages in FSX. There is a sub-forum on the MAIW website just for FSX and how to convert the packages for use in FSX. I am only using the AI and traffic files from the packages (not the scenery), as there are FSX afcads or scenery available for most of the US airbases. Converting the fs9 traffic files to FSX standard is real easy, just use AIFP2 (AI Flight Planner 2) to convert them. Right now I'm in the process of fixing some errors with the aircraft cfg files that fsx throws up with names being the same, (easy fix) but with 10.6 GB of AI aircraft (just USA) its a little time consuming. Plus once that is done I need to do the traffic files to reflect the changes made in the cfg files so the aircraft will show. FUN, FUN, FUN :)
If you can give me some time I can send you the cfg's and traffic files once I'm done.

Joe

WarHorse47
December 19th, 2013, 09:47
Thanks for your help, Joe. I got the MAIW traffic now for my local military fields.

--WH

Navy Chief
December 19th, 2013, 09:52
Thanks for your help, Joe. I got the MAIW traffic now for my local military fields.

--WH

Hey, when you have mastered this method of converting MAIW packages for FSX, please share the knowledge with me! Please? Thanks! NC

WarHorse47
December 19th, 2013, 10:31
Hey, when you have mastered this method of converting MAIW packages for FSX, please share the knowledge with me! Please? Thanks! NCWill do. PM en route.

In the meantime, here is McChord..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2013-12-19_10-28-6-966_zps5f8403e9.jpg

..and here is Whidbey.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2013-12-19_10-41-13-276_zpsbf340bd4.jpg

Now I'm not so lonely anymore.

I love it when a plan comes together.... :applouse:

Butcherbird17
December 19th, 2013, 11:49

--WH

Looking good Tom. Glad I could help.

Joe

PHo17
December 20th, 2013, 00:32
So you're saying the MAIW packages can be installed into FSX? How so? I thought they were for FS9 and that there was some messy conversion process that you had to follow. If they do, why don't they say they can be used in FSX?

Putting the MAIW planes to fly in FSX is the easy part of the job with AIFP2. Traffic files need to be translated to FSX form by AIFP2. Also the propeller textures must be changed. MAIW has a tool for that. If one wants all the MAIW sceneries also work in FSX, that is the harder part. It can be done with help of this Guide: http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/phpatm/index.php . I did it and it took a lot of time to get everything work ok. I don't need any extra military traffic (thoug I have/had it in some places) and MAIW is producing new traffic all the time. I wish they would start doing it for FSX straight.

Pekka