PDA

View Full Version : One more Wildcat

bub
December 16th, 2013, 09:42
Hi All,

Here's one more Wildcat before I take a break. This is a rendition of the one flown by Lt. James J. "Pug" Southerland while in the dogfight with Saburo Sakai. Unfortunately, "Junior" was lost. Pug bailed out and survived the day. Thanks to all for your support on these Wildcat's. When I start using my "crayolas" again, there may be one more "Cat".

Thanks again,

Bub

RobH
December 16th, 2013, 10:27
Nice work Bob, looks good!

Worthless
December 16th, 2013, 10:55
Pretty work Bub. I wonder....did anyone ever do a Wildcat for Jimmy Flatley? I'm sure there is an F6F here as SOH, but I've never seen an F4F skin.

bub
December 16th, 2013, 12:05
Brian,

Its good to see my old Mentor is still around. Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot coming from you. After the "silly season" is over we should talk, its been far too long.

Thanks again,

Bub

Wothless,

I'll look in to it. After I'm off hiatus, I'll see what I can find out. So, there will be two more Wildcat's.

Typhoon Willy
December 16th, 2013, 23:23
Worthless,

I could've sworn I had a skin for Flately for the FDG2 F4F, however,after going through my archives I was unable to find it.

TW

Worthless
December 17th, 2013, 02:51
Worthless,

I could've sworn I had a skin for Flately for the FDG2 F4F, however,after going through my archives I was unable to find it.

TW

I thought so too, TW. I scoured the archives some time ago after I read the book "Reaper Leader" about Flately, but had no luck.

bub
December 20th, 2013, 13:24
Hi All,
Just uploaded Southerland's Wildcat. As I said, I'm taking a break from "painting" over the Holiday season. So, there will be nothing new until after the New Year.
Thanks again,
Bub

bub
December 20th, 2013, 16:10
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/486113875778085401.JPG
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Hi All,

This is a rendition of the Wildcat flown by Lt. James J. "Pug" Southerland while in the dogfight with Saburo Sakai. Unfortunately, "Junior" was lost. Pug bailed out and survived the day.

Make sure to read the ReadMe.

Thanks and have fun,

Bub

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RM_F4F-4 Wildcat_Southerland.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=17884&catid=57)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
December 21st, 2013, 08:59
Bub,

This work is outstanding, thank you very much! :medals: :ernaehrung004: :medals:

Oglivie
December 21st, 2013, 14:13
I have the FM-2 VC-13 paint for my North Atlantic CFS2 install, neat. I'll get these Wildcats also for the Pacific Theater. Thanks, Bub!