PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ho ... Snow!!!

Blood_Hawk23
December 14th, 2013, 11:24
I hope your ready Rami. Here it comes.

Looks like I'll end up with a foot or more. I have 2" on the ground now. Well it will be a white Christmas in Maine.

Rami
December 14th, 2013, 12:15
Blood_Hawk23,

Not here, chief. Down here, I'm too close to the Atlantic Ocean, which is still warmer than forty degrees. It's been snowing here for about three hours and will stay as snow through this evening, but then turn into white slop as it changes to a wintry mix and then rain. We're expecting only about three to six inches before the changeover.

Blood_Hawk23
December 15th, 2013, 03:23
just got home from work. Shoveled 2' banks just to get in the drive way. then had to drive thru the foot in the drive way. fun, fun... I'm going to love digging out of this before I go back tonite.

how much do you have Rami?

Rami
December 15th, 2013, 03:35
Blood_Hawk23,

We had (past tense) possibly four to six inches before the mix and rains came overnight. Now, we have a nasty combination of wet roads, ice / slush covered walkways, and cars covered with about two inches of wet slop. I took a fall (not bad) trying to clean off both cars when my feet gave way, and tore up the inside of my right elbow pretty good. The really fun part is we're going to have a hard freeze tonight, so any standing water (and there will be plenty of it) will turn our streets into a veritable skating rink.

Oglivie
December 15th, 2013, 10:14
Got about 5 to 6 inches of snow in Southeast Michigan yesterday and last night. First weather advisories issued for snow since the colder weather started. Roads were treacherous until the plows arrived a bit after midnight. Drifting was perhaps around a foot, a bit more in some places. Weather forecast are stating colder and snowier Michigan this winter.

Stay safe and be careful this winter.

O

PRB
December 15th, 2013, 10:21
Before that storm hit Maine, it had to go through Missouri. Here's what it looked like at my house early yesterday morning. Eventually got 8" or so.

SPman
December 15th, 2013, 16:01
45C at our place yesterday!

I'm dreaming of a white Xmas........

Blood_Hawk23
December 16th, 2013, 03:28
45C and 40F, its not the same thing really. LOL its been freezing up here. we didn't get the mixing (Thank GOD). I think Portland and may be the Eliot-Kittery area did. For me it was all powder. Looks like more possible this coming weekend.

Take it easy Rami, don't need any broken bones.

My in-laws just moved to Missouri. they are down near Thayer.