PDA

View Full Version : .air file editing

brettt777
December 9th, 2013, 12:36
Is there a list somewhere of what all the values mean in the .air file? Also, is there a way to edit the non-numerical, graph type entries in an .air file? I have a couple old planes that were FS9 upgrades from long ago that work in FSX but need a little tweaking.

SkippyBing
December 9th, 2013, 13:34
The P3D SDK is probably the best bet, but for a lot of it you'll need to cross reference with a decent aerodynamics text. Mechanics of Flight by A.C. Kermode isn't bad.

PRB
December 9th, 2013, 14:23
AirEd will let you edit all entries, including the graphs. Search for godaired.zip at FlightSimn. I too wish there was a list of all the possible values and what they mean.

Bradburger
December 9th, 2013, 15:38
Is there a list somewhere of what all the values mean in the .air file? Also, is there a way to edit the non-numerical, graph type entries in an .air file? I have a couple old planes that were FS9 upgrades from long ago that work in FSX but need a little tweaking.

Also checkout Aircraft Airfile Manager (http://ootb.wordpress.com/aam/) (AAM).

Should list most of the known airfile entries, and edit the graph types too.

Cheers

Paul

Dev One
December 9th, 2013, 23:33
I use both AirED & AAM as the values are not consistent between the two (one is in bits of I think 144 squared? whilst the other is in coefficient values). AirEd graphs are non existent for some items & are just lists, whilst AAM draws them as graphs (Propellor & engine power for example).
There are at least two versions for AAM, 2.2 being the latest that updates the definitions of each item, although I prefer the 1.52 version.....
HTH
Keith

huub vink
December 10th, 2013, 00:54
This is what Mirosaft has to say about it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526961.aspx#AIRFileLayout

brettt777
December 10th, 2013, 05:34
Actually the latest version of AAM was exactly what I needed and did exactly what I wanted. Thanks Paul!