Mike

Emile
December 9th, 2013, 21:36
Hello,
Installed and it is GREAT.

imn2sims
December 10th, 2013, 14:02
+1 on the great!

Flew out of Mississippi for St.Louis last evening in the RealAir Duke using the live weather feature and it was amazing :love-struck:. Turbulence, wind shear, off and on driving rain.......and NO abrupt cloud or visibility changes!!! Try it free for 7 days. Oh, and I wasn't even using REX or any other texture enhancements although that's next for sure.

Steve

CG_1976
December 10th, 2013, 14:25
I am trying out the free trial. In the last two flights in the Arctic with ASN beautiful fluid job on transitions and the temps where reading the WX stations excellent and more stable. the real test is over towards Baffin and CFS Alert and then the Siberian Gulag UOOO lol.

strykerpsg
December 10th, 2013, 17:00
Dumb question, I'm sure, but does this compliment REX or is it a standalone product? I looked at the website and it looks fantastic as others have stated.

Thanks in advance.

greenie
December 10th, 2013, 19:45
Dumb question, I'm sure, but does this compliment REX or is it a standalone product? I looked at the website and it looks fantastic as others have stated.

Thanks in advance.

Two separate competing companies . A lot of people reckon AS has a better weather engine whilst REX has better textures . Some people use both - AS engine and REX textures ( which is very comprehensive ).

Both companies are launching new products . REX hasn't released yet so I'm not sure where we stand at the moment , but I'll probably pick up the new AS when they release the P3Dv2 version

strykerpsg
December 10th, 2013, 22:45
Thanks for the reply greenie. I do indeed like REX's textures but dislike the weather engine as you stated. I'll have to give this one a whirl once I decide upon Prepar3Dv2 or reinstall of FSX.

greenie
December 11th, 2013, 03:21
You just have to get P3Dv2 . if not now but most certainly later . Its a different ball game and blows fsx away . Has some little bugs but the're working on it . I have deleted fsx.