PDA

View Full Version : F-105 video in progress

X_eidos2
December 7th, 2013, 07:15
For the last year and a half I've been working on a flight sim video about a mission that was flown over
North Vietnam back in July of 1965. I've been working with a pilot that actually flew on the mission. A
trailer for the video was made back in October, that was shown at a F-105 pilot reunion held in Texas.

I've been using FSX, Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, and various 3d modeling programs. It was a goal of mine to
blend the clips together in such a way that the viewer wouldn't be able to tell when I switched programs.
Since the trailer is now being shown publicly on a blog created by the son of the pilot involved, I
thought the folks here at SOH might enjoy having a look as well.

John MacKay
aka X_eidos2

https://vimeo.com/81257846

Victory103
December 7th, 2013, 08:39
Nicely done sir.

Daube
December 7th, 2013, 10:35
Nice video indeed :)

clmooring
December 7th, 2013, 10:51
i enjoyed it. thx

Ian Warren
December 7th, 2013, 11:20
Great Video :cool:, I really do like the Thunderchiefs and some of the amazing stories and actions during the Vietnam War .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

papab
December 7th, 2013, 12:09
Thank you

Really enjoyed the video, extremely well done Sir!

ST0RM
December 7th, 2013, 14:42
Pretty awesome video. Nicely edited to keep the action. Gave a great representation of a mission over the North.

-S