PDA

View Full Version : Is the "Member map" gone?

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2013, 07:16
Since I am moving to Pensacola next year, it would be nice to know what members live in that area. in all the years I've been flight simming, I have never had the good fortune to live close to a fellow simmer.

NC

Blackbird686
December 6th, 2013, 08:33
It's under Community at the top of the page. Click on the little down arrow and select Members List.

BB686:US-flag:

Ickie
December 6th, 2013, 08:38
the map was a vbulletin hack no longer used or supported, a privacy thing lol

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2013, 08:47
Rats. Oh well. Anyone living in the P'Cola area, please let me know! Thanks! NC:wiggle:

Odie
December 6th, 2013, 10:37
NC...two thumbs up on your avatar, bud...nice! :)

hairyspin
December 6th, 2013, 13:13
the map was a vbulletin hack no longer used or supported, a privacy thing lol

It was also optional, thankfully. Some of us prefer our privacy so I don't miss the map.

Ickie
December 6th, 2013, 13:19
it was reinstalled and all is there

Dangerousdave26
December 6th, 2013, 13:42
It was also optional, thankfully. Some of us prefer our privacy so I don't miss the map.

Its really not necessary to place your marker exactly where you are. I have mine several miles from my location just to represent I am in South Florida (at least for now).

I think its kind of cool to see where our members are generally speaking.

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2013, 15:09
It's under Community at the top of the page. Click on the little down arrow and select Members List.

Well, you are correct. It is listed there. But when I click on it, it says I do not have "permission to access that page"....weird.

Am sure the powers that be can fix this!

NC

Ickie
December 6th, 2013, 15:27
put on your glasses and just click the button at the top of page that says Member Map

Blackbird686
December 6th, 2013, 15:28
Sorry, NC -- I confused Member List with the Member Map. Maybe I should just stay out of this forum altogether... certainly would eliminate a lot of confusion.:dizzy:

Nice Avatar, BTW!!:ernaehrung004:

Ickie
December 6th, 2013, 15:30
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/dcMembermap.php

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2013, 15:54
Map works fine. Found at least one member who lives in the Pensacola area we plan on moving to... thanks. Pete

Victory103
December 7th, 2013, 08:34
Since I am moving to Pensacola next year, it would be nice to know what members live in that area. in all the years I've been flight simming, I have never had the good fortune to live close to a fellow simmer.

NC

Lucky! Miss being stationed there, have a few USN friends still in the area.

srgalahad
December 9th, 2013, 12:32
Thanks Ickie for putting us 'back on the map'.

I enjoy getting an idea of where people are and putting myself in my place ( before my wife does...:victorious: )