PDA

View Full Version : Dhaenens scenery

VCN-1
November 29th, 2013, 11:07
Has anyone installed any of Jim Dhaenens' scenery in P3D2?

I have and I am getting some bizarre textures and shapes which I think are trees.

VCN-1

YoYo
November 29th, 2013, 12:11
Has anyone installed any of Jim Dhaenens' scenery in P3D2?

I have and I am getting some bizarre textures and shapes which I think are trees.

VCN-1

Can You put screenshot? I saw Today too on one from FSX scenery something like textures of house over tree ; >>>.

VCN-1
November 29th, 2013, 12:35
Here is an image. This is from NASP.

VCN-1

Roger
November 29th, 2013, 12:40
Looks like that particular scenery of Jim's isn't Dx11 compatible.

full
November 29th, 2013, 12:51
The Fantasy Of Flight seems to work OK apart from some missing landclass and trees.... I don't know what casues this though, In some scenery it doesn't display some of the buildings.

And here's a screen cap of Phenick field by GAS with the buildings not showing, any ideas ?

full
November 29th, 2013, 13:09
Found out if you put the (Fantasy Of Flight LC) at the very top of the scenery.cfg it works flawlesley :)

YoYo
November 29th, 2013, 13:43
Here is an image. This is from NASP.

VCN-1

Yes too same with my other addons from FSX. Pity.

Navy Chief
November 29th, 2013, 14:50
I sure do hope there is a work around to get Jim's sceneries to work. His creations are among my favorites.....NC

Crusader
November 29th, 2013, 15:06
If anyone is using FTX Global 1.1 in P3D 2.0 this was posted over at the ORBS Forums : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68642-heads-up-possible-issue-with-p3dv2-landclass-with-ftx-global/ a FTX Global 1.2 update soon I hope .

Looks like it might account for some of the problems but 2.0 default textures only , who knows . I'm sure LM will work it out . I too had the tree and texture problem , especially around Hawaii . I read somewhere(AVSim ?) that if your in an area that displays these weird textures try switching the Texture Resolution for example from 2048 to 4096 or vice versa . It did work temporarily until you hit the Reset or restarted 2.0 ., then you had to do it again . It will all get ironed out . Hugh Jim D fan but I haven't got around to loading any scenery yet but I might give a couple of his a shot . I know they all worked well in P3D 1.4 .

Rich

VCN-1
November 29th, 2013, 16:09
Crusader

You post set the wheels turning. I bumped the textures to 4096 and everything displays perfectly.

Added: It seems you have to change resolution on each start up. I had to go from 4096 to 1024 to have it display correctly.

At least I know how to overcome the issue.

VCN-1

Navy Chief
November 29th, 2013, 16:48
Crusader

You post set the wheels turning. I bumped the textures to 4096 and everything displays perfectly.

Added: It seems you have to change resolution on each start up. I had to go from 4096 to 1024 to have it display correctly.

At least I know how to overcome the issue.

VCN-1

So you had to change textures to 4096 and back to 1024?? Confused (which doesn't take much at age 60:)

Lionheart
November 29th, 2013, 18:52
Interesting find, VCN-1. You might post this at Prepar3D. The Devs from the team might be interested.

CG_1976
November 29th, 2013, 19:39
I have not had any issue's using Jim's KNGP Corpus Christi NAS/MCAS/CGAS scenery in Prepar3D V1.4/2

VCN-1
November 30th, 2013, 04:31
So you had to change textures to 4096 and back to 1024?? Confused (which doesn't take much at age 60:)

Yes in order to get it to display correctly.

When I do another restart I have to change the resolution again to have it display correctly.

I have no idea why this works.

VCN-1

P38man
December 1st, 2013, 15:22
Yes in order to get it to display correctly.

When I do another restart I have to change the resolution again to have it display correctly.

I have no idea why this works.

VCN-1

Weird but thanks for finding out for us and sharing!

Dimus
December 2nd, 2013, 02:12
Found out if you put the (Fantasy Of Flight LC) at the very top of the scenery.cfg it works flawlesley :)

That's right. Landclass polys on top of the grass were not shown with ADE so I had to create them separately with SBuilderX and place them on a separate folder. This has to be over the main scenery folder to wor.

As for buildings not showing in Gas's Phenick field, it could be the scenery complexity slider. Some objects might have a tag to show at higher settings of that slider. Try increasing it to see if they appear.

Another issue with many addon sceneries is that the taxiways are buried below the land texture. You can see the taxiway markings but not the concrete or asphalt texture. I have observed this with all the airports I've made with ADE. Scruffyduck is fixing that in the upcoming ADE 1.60 so a recompilation of the AFCAD will be needed.

Check Scruffyduck's blog for better explanation:
http://www.blog.scruffyduck.org.uk/

full
December 2nd, 2013, 04:07
That's right. Landclass polys on top of the grass were not shown with ADE so I had to create them separately with SBuilderX and place them on a separate folder. This has to be over the main scenery folder to wor.

As for buildings not showing in Gas's Phenick field, it could be the scenery complexity slider. Some objects might have a tag to show at higher settings of that slider. Try increasing it to see if they appear.

Another issue with many addon sceneries is that the taxiways are buried below the land texture. You can see the taxiway markings but not the concrete or asphalt texture. I have observed this with all the airports I've made with ADE. Scruffyduck is fixing that in the upcoming ADE 1.60 so a recompilation of the AFCAD will be needed.

Check Scruffyduck's blog for better explanation:
http://www.blog.scruffyduck.org.uk/

HI Dimus,

Yeah I've tried moving the scenery slider to full max and nothing changes... maybe its something to do with the objects themselfs ? I've used MCX to recompile them using P3D2's SDK kit and it doesn't make any difference only the file size seems to be bigger.

n4gix
December 2nd, 2013, 07:15
I noticed just that when I installed my custom airfield 33MO (Leaming Field). Whenever Scruffyduck gets that into v1.60 I'll recompile and retest. It's sort of disconcerting to not have taxiways! :)

Something else I've noticed is that "Progressive Taxi" does not appear at any airport at all. Ever... :heart-borken:

Roger
December 2nd, 2013, 09:00
Progressive taxi was something that Steve Parsons fixed in his FsX Dx10 Fixer package so I believe it's a shader issue that probably could be fixed in Dx11.