PDA

View Full Version : EZCA woes - looking for help

MarkH
November 17th, 2013, 00:40
As there is no official support for this program I have to look elsewhere for inspiration. Sorry if you have also seen this on a couple of other forums but I'm at a loss. This is on Win7/64 with FSX Acceleration in case that that makes a difference.

Scenario...

I have reinstalled everything (OS, FSX) from scratch but EZCA does not work properly. It runs, says it's connected to FSX and if I go into the effects editor I can see all the variables responding to the aircraft movements. EZCA is controlling the view because I can edit the zoom and position etc. as normal, but no effects are applied - i.e. the views remain completely still, regardless of how I set the red and green buttons. With TrackIR, again it says it is connected but it doesn't do anything to the view.

Baffling bits...

Oddly enough, if I use the 'restore' option in EZCA Config to remove the cameras from my addon planes, the effects do appear to work (i.e. they shake the view around appropriately). TrackIR still doesn't work, and even though effects are working, the red and green buttons do not do anything - i.e. clicking the red ones off doesn't turn the effects off! Needless to say, I have tried multiple reinstalls to no effect.

Just to reiterate, the problem isn't just that TrackIR doesn't work. It doesn't, but EZCA is also in some kind of odd state that doesn't work properly even without TrackIR.

BTW, should I have camera sets installed for default planes even if I have not run EZCA Config? That seems to be what I see. If I re-run the 'Configure' option, effects stop working for all aircraft, not just the addons.

What I have tried...

I have v1.17 of EZCA and I have done everything it says in the manual. I have reinstalled a number of times. I have reverted to the TrackIR 5.1.3 drivers as some report EZCA problems with 5.2. I have checked that I have all the legacy simconnect DLLs installed (61637, 61355, 60905). In other attempts on repairing simconnect errors I have variously installed the FSX SDK, uninstalled Acceleration, installed SP1 and SP2, uninistalled SP2 and reinstalled Acceleration. None of this made any difference and in any case, when I enable verbose logging in simconnect.ini I get no error messages.

I am out of ideas. Unless I can find some I am faced with two alternatives: (1) Live without EZCA, which I am reluctant to do because adjusting the VC views with TrackIR becomes a complete pain; (2) is to revert to the full image backup I made of my clean Windows install and start again. As TrackIR and EZCA were the first things I installed after Acceleration, I'm not even confident this will help.

I am happy to take suggestions :numbness:

Naismith
November 17th, 2013, 01:33
Re TIR there are a couple of files that must be disabled check out this very useful series of vids

http://www.youtube.com/user/wyldbluyondr

Also search for Froogle on YT he did a brief vid

But this is the one which explained it to me best and got me going

http://youtu.be/rEiOjB4mOUI he covers the early stages of setup best imo.

MarkH
November 17th, 2013, 03:07
useful series of vids

Thanks, but those videos just restate what's in the manual. As I said, I've done the setup by the book and it is still not working properly.

MarkH
November 17th, 2013, 08:30
Oh FFS, apparently this is what it does when it decides your licence is no longer valid. Of course I only discovered this because two people over at Orbx vaguely recalled having gone through the same tap-dance. Hands up who thinks it should display a message saying 'your licence is no longer valid'? What a complete waste of time.

Roger
November 17th, 2013, 08:33
Glad you know what the problem is and I agree that a pop-up telling you your license has expired would save days of head scratching and fiddling!