PDA

View Full Version : 4 engine throttle quadrant

AussieMan
November 16th, 2013, 13:02
I know on flightsim.com there is a tutorial on how to build a 4 engine throttle but it appears to only be for a jet throttle. Is there such a tutorial for a piston engine version containing throttle, prop levers and mixture levers?

Would also be interested in the 2 engine piston version as well.

stovall
November 16th, 2013, 13:09
Pat, the most I have found is to use FSUIPC to assign the throttle you wish to the two controllers you have. You can set the outside of the four engines to the left throttle, or the outside left with the inside right, or both left side engines to the left throttle etc. I does work. I usually use the left throttle linked to the left side engines and the right throttle linked to the two right engines.

Hope this helps.

AussieMan
November 16th, 2013, 14:50
Thanks Tom.

rcbarend
November 16th, 2013, 16:56
I know on flightsim.com there is a tutorial on how to build a 4 engine throttle but it appears to only be for a jet throttle. Is there such a tutorial for a piston engine version containing throttle, prop levers and mixture levers?

Would also be interested in the 2 engine piston version as well.
Hi Pat,

I don't know to which tutorial you are referring; but if it is mine:

No, there isn't such a tutorial.
Yes, no problem to make it.

You just need to realise that, using gameport-USB convertors, you need a convertor per 4 axis.
How to do that physically, is up to you.
So:
- for a 1-piston-engine version, you need 3 control axis (i.e. one convertor, with a throttle/mixture/prop levers and one "spare").
- for a 2-piston-engine version, you need 6 control axis (i.e. two convertors, with 2 times throttle/mixture/prop levers and two "spares").
- for a 4-piston-engine version, you need 12 control axis (i.e. three convertors, with 4 times throttle/mixture/prop levers").

As described, you can assign any controller axis to any FS axis (with, or without, using FSUIPC).

Rob

AussieMan
November 16th, 2013, 18:30
Thanks for that Rob. I think it was your tutorial. Will check later as I have saved it to my HD.

trucker17
November 17th, 2013, 21:13
Yeah that would be cool to have.....
A friend set my home system up some time ago with a twin....He has since moved across the country, so I have been unable to get a 4 engine setup....