PDA

View Full Version : 'John Gruden Fired'

Panther_99FS
January 17th, 2009, 10:37
:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

FAC257
January 17th, 2009, 13:47
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who owns one of the main sports bars in our little town. Tommorrow they are going to have a Gruden memorabilia burning/destruction celebration. Most of the true Bucs fans I know in the area can't stand Gruden and what he's done to the team. The local news yesterday was talking about how not only had he alienated the local fans but also the players themselves.

I was originally a Miami Dolphins fan once I finally decided that I liked football when I was younger. I switched to the Bucs as soon as they came to town. Been a die hard fan ever since, but I've refused to watch any Bucs games for about the last 4 years because of Gruden. I've actually been glad when they lose just to hasten Gruden's demise.

What an a-hole he was and good riddance. :applause:

rayrey10
January 17th, 2009, 14:08
The writing was on the wall. You can only "almost" make it to the playoffs so many times, and winning a Super Bowl will only carry you so far.

I too am a Bucs fans and a Gruden fan but it was time. The defensive coordinator Raheem Morris is now the Coach. Hopefully things will improve around there.

I'm sure someone will pick up "Chucky". Like I said he's a pretty good Coach.

FAC257
January 17th, 2009, 15:02
I'm one of those Bucs fans who thinks Gruden won the Super Bowl because of the team Tony had built and he came in as they were on the upswing.

I am glad they let someone who was already with the team step up to the plate. I'm hoping Raheem Morris does well.

Cool thing is that I'll actualy start watching the games again next year instead of hearing about them afterward. :)