PDA

View Full Version : RealAir B60 v2 smoke issue

Mach3DS
November 14th, 2013, 14:20
Recently upgraded my B60 to version 2, however I've noticed a peculiar effect going on. About 20 feet under the aircraft at all times, in flight etc. is the low altitude ground dust kickup effect bill post an image later today. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? Makes screenshots at certain angle look silly or like small clouds are forming under the plane.

Mach3DS
November 14th, 2013, 15:43
here we go...

noddy
November 14th, 2013, 21:55
I got this on a couple of other models, no idea why.

woody901
November 14th, 2013, 23:39
I'm not at all sure, but I think it's to do with an FSX bug arising from taking off or landind on a wet runway. The effect sometimes seems to stick to model as it were. I have noticed it a few times and it always appeared on wet runways.

Paul Anderson
November 15th, 2013, 08:10
I noticed this several years ago and found a fix for it somewhere.

Here's the readme.txt (sorry I didn't leave myself a note so I can credit the author):

----------------------------------------------------
How to remove the engine snow from the engine effects file
------------------------------------------------------------
Sometime people have problem with snow still being shown as they fly high and normally about 20 feet below the plane.
Go to FSX main folder.
Look for effect folder.
Find the file called: fx_SnowEngineWash.fx
Make a copy of the file and save it with another name like "fx_SnowEngineWash_original.fx" (so that you have a backup)
By renaming the effect the snow blown from engine about 20 feet below aircraft will be removed. There were a number of people I know that dont like that effect especially in external views and when they want to take screenshots.

For those that dont want to embark on this themselves have added a effect file here for you that you can use.