PDA

View Full Version : yet another FTX Global question

Daveroo
November 6th, 2013, 17:49
i have it installed,vers 1.00 is what it says...but i downloaded the update 1.10 and my "about" still says 1.0 whats up?...i have the orbix scenery pack or tools?..cant think of what its called..but its on top of global...now i would like my areosoft los angeles package to show....do i need it to the top of the list? above global?...

Odie
November 7th, 2013, 08:24
Hey Dave, I installed the base FTX package, the 1.10 update, and the latest libraries pack. In the scenery config, FTX is the first in line. I'll have to look when I get home on the version #.

Paul Anderson
November 7th, 2013, 08:36
My FTX Central still shows as version 1.0,
but if you go to your FSX folder/ORBX/User Documents/Versions/FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK.txt
and open it, it should read:
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.10 September 2013

If it does, you should be up to date.

Dumonceau
November 7th, 2013, 08:44
My FTX Central still shows as version 1.0,
but if you go to your FSX folder/ORBX/User Documents/Versions/FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK.txt
and open it, it should read:
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.10 September 2013

If it does, you should be up to date.

Indeed. This is a common practice in software releases. Only if it jumps from v1 to v2 it will show. vx.1 is like a simple update, no version change...

dandog
November 7th, 2013, 13:08
Place Aerosoft L.A. above the Orbx entries in the scenery library. It should display properly. I was recently reminded of A.S. KAVX scenery, and wanted to fly there. I placed it at the top of the list, and with Orbx Global, Orbx Catalina, and FSG2010, it still displayed properly.

Daveroo
November 7th, 2013, 14:33
thanks to everyone for your answers..one and all...Dave :icon_eek: