PDA

View Full Version : VRS TacPack 1.4 Upgrade

stovall
November 6th, 2013, 07:04
The VRS TacPack 1.4.0.9 FSX is available for those who have purchased the VRS TacPack. Those who purchase now will get the upgraded version. Check HERE (http://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.htm)

YoYo
November 6th, 2013, 07:37
I see than still it isnt standalone addon.... just with Superbug X. : /

Naruto-kun
November 6th, 2013, 08:14
Im suprised VRS recieves so little attention around here given that what they have done has totally changed the face of military birds in FSX.

stovall
November 6th, 2013, 09:33
Im suprised VRS recieves so little attention around here given that what they have done has totally changed the face of military birds in FSX.

Right on, I am trying to change that. They truly have given military aircraft a totally new dimension. :salute:

hairyspin
November 6th, 2013, 10:31

I don't think that's quite right, the SDK is included with the TacPack so you can include TacPack systems in your projects (according to the above link).

Navy Chief
November 6th, 2013, 11:10

I must have read the email incorrectly from VRS this morning (can't check it at work right now), but thought the email stated the new version was now "standalone". NC

airattackimages
November 6th, 2013, 13:54
It is standalone, except that you need to purchase the Superbug if you haven't already. So yes, it isn't a standalone purchase. It will operate without you flying the Superbug, but yep at the moment you do have to have purchased the Superbug. They indicate that will not always be the case but that for now, it is.

Hanimichal
November 6th, 2013, 14:20
So, I will continue with CS Weapons
Waiting for full standalone TacPack, without Superbug.

CodyValkyrie
November 6th, 2013, 14:59
So, I will continue with CS Weapons
Waiting for full standalone TacPack, without Superbug.
Not to be rude.... but is it because you don't want to spend the money on the Superbug, or something else? Not only is the TacPack well worth the money, but the Superbug is the most in depth and groundbreaking modern military simulation to ever be released for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Give em' a break. They are trying to remunerate the many years of work they have put into these packages.

Hanimichal
November 6th, 2013, 15:55
... but the Superbug is the most in depth and groundbreaking modern military simulation to ever be released for Microsoft Flight Simulator ...

Maybe this is the main point, I like plane with 1, 2, 3, 4 clicks and ready to go, drop bombs and other things. I dont like to spend my time to learn how to play something

Naruto-kun
November 6th, 2013, 22:57
Hey Tom doesnt this thread deserve a sticky?

dhazelgrove
November 7th, 2013, 00:56
As of the date of this post:

"New customers are gladly welcome to purchase the TacPack, but the TacPack currently requires the Superbug X, so both products must be purchased simultaneously, or the Superbug must be purchased first. The TacPack will become available for purchase as a stand-alone option within the coming few weeks."

Those who don't want to purchase the Superbug X - their choice, and they don't have to justify it - will simply have to wait a little longer.

Dave

Chris Sykes
November 7th, 2013, 06:02
Maybe this is the main point, I like plane with 1, 2, 3, 4 clicks and ready to go, drop bombs and other things. I dont like to spend my time to learn how to play something

The Superbug is a 1,2,3,4 Clicks and go! The bug remembers the majority of settings from the last flight so if you leave it running and close FSX it is running the next time you load it. I find it great fun jumping in this, loading a bomb load and off i go bombing around! the FLIR is wicked!