PDA

View Full Version : How Do I??

Devildog73
November 4th, 2013, 01:54
Sumatra doesn't have a Manna Airfield which was bombed by the BPF in Operation Meridian. I have built a base there, but do not know how to do flattens. Here is a jpg of the area from MB showing the coordinates.

Help.

simonu
November 4th, 2013, 14:08
Hi Devildog73, If it were me, I'd use Martin Wrights MkAFD 2 (http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/download/mkafd2.zip) to create the Airfield menu entry and the flatten poly.

achim27619
November 4th, 2013, 23:16
Hi devildog,

in FSSC right-click = new Misc Object = Flat Area. In section type you can choose Are16 or Flatten. Choose Area16. Take Flatten only if Area16 doesn't work.

Cheers

Achim

Devildog73
November 5th, 2013, 08:53
Thanks Guys!

I will be experimenting!:mix-smi:

Devildog73
November 5th, 2013, 09:01
Hi devildog,

in FSSC right-click = new Misc Object = Flat Area. In section type you can choose Are16 or Flatten. Choose Area16. Take Flatten only if Area16 doesn't work.

Cheers

Achim

Achim, after that what do I do?

Lee

Shadow Wolf 07
November 5th, 2013, 11:15
Achim, after that what do I do?

Lee
DD:

After you plot in the geographical area to be flattened, use File/Export scenery wizard to create a .bgl in whatever location (I recommend an empty Scenery folder in your Scenedb folder) you desire Give the area a unique name because FSSC will not only export the scenery, but will install it in your scenery library too. That way you can find it easily if you want to remove or edit it.

SW

achim27619
November 5th, 2013, 11:15
Lee,

OK here the procedure in more detail.
First: The elevation of the Area16 is determined by an entry in Edit = scenery properties = Dimensions = Altitude. Set this to "0" because your airfield is close to the coast line.
Second: Once you have created the Area16 you see a triangle.
Third: Now left-click directly on one part of one of the three lines and drag it somewhere. You now have another point which can be dragged. After having created four or more points drag them in a manner that the entire scenery is inside that area. Make sure that everything covered by the mask or everything what is visible is well covered with some space to spare..
Now you have inside Area16 a flat area with an elevation of 0 feet where you can place gsl objects which are not sunken in.
I do hope that helps. If not give me a shout.

Cheers

Achim

Devildog73
November 6th, 2013, 10:40
Okay, first attempt photos.

Runway works fine.

Taxiways and parking area have problems.

Lee

UncleTgt
November 6th, 2013, 12:03
DD73,

Make sure your A16N flatten extends to include any paths, parking areas. CFS 2 has issues displaying FSSC background bitmaps on anything except flat ground, as it sits the backgound at the same altitude as the flatten. The bitmap won't follow the terrain. As Achim hinted, you can add extra points to your existing A16N flatten to draw the shape you need - it doesn't need to be square or rectangular.

Devildog73
November 6th, 2013, 20:41
Thanks UncleT,
The A16N is about twice the size of the area of the airfield, taxiways and parking area.

I used the FSSC grass texture polys in all of the areas around the 2D objects.

I will do a bit more playing with it at some point in time. I just needed a simple, small IJAAF fighter base for the Meridian missions.

Now that it is approximately where it was back in '44-'45, I can build some buildings and parked Zekes and be good for now.

Google earth doesn't show any remnants of an airfield in the area, but that isn't surprising. P2 is almost completely gone in Google earth.

The runway can still be seen, but the jungle has reclaimed the surrounding area.