PDA

View Full Version : MJ's C-47, version 1 paint not showing in V.2

Geomitrak
October 30th, 2013, 02:26
I'm trying to get a repaint for version 1 of Manfred's C-47 to show in version 2. I know that there are some adjustments to be made to the textures, but at the moment, I can't even get the aircraft to show up in the aircraft selection screen within FSX.

The repaint concerned is Manfred's RAF Dakota KN660, the file name being c47_kn660.zip, and once unzipped into FSX, the texture folder is texture.RAF_KN660.

Here is the aircraft.cfg entry for that repaint, which I've edited as much as I can to match the other repaint entries ( with no success ):-

[fltsim.15]
title=Douglas Dakota RAF KN660
sim=Douglas_DC3_V1.2
model=C47_2
panel=
sound=TW
texture=RAF_KN660
kb_checklists=Douglas_DC3_check
kb_reference=Douglas_DC3_ref
atc_id=660
ui_manufacturer = Douglas
ui_type=C-47 Skytrain
ui_variation="Dakota RAF KN660"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="Dakota Mk. IV KN660, 77 Squadron Royal Air Force, 1949"

As I say, its not the repaint itself thats the problem, its the fact that the aircraft itself doesn't show up at all in the aircraft selection screen. All the others are there except this RAF one. I saw this v.1 repaint in the preview thread for the new v.2 C-47, so I know its possible. I suspect that there is something amiss with the cfg entry above, but I just cant see what it is. Any help gratefully received.

jankees
October 30th, 2013, 02:49
the number in [fltsim.XX] is correct?

Geomitrak
October 30th, 2013, 03:02
Yep Jan, just checked it to make sure - [fltsim.15]

The one above is [fltsim.14] and is your Bush Pilots Airways repaint - that shows up in in FSX, no problem.

EDIT: Cancel that...its seems that a number of version 2 repaints aren't showing either. Time to check again. Be right back

Geomitrak
October 30th, 2013, 03:26
This is bizarre - all the repaints I downloaded and installed last night are showing. All the repaints I downloaded and installed this morning are not - neither the V.2 repaints ( I thought the Bush Pilots Airlines one was showing but it isn't ) or the V.1 repaint KN660, are there in the aircraft selection screen. Yet the aircraft.cfg seems perfectly okay. I don't think anyone's going to be able to help with this one. ;)

jankees
October 30th, 2013, 03:38
turn computer off and back on again? It is Microsoft FSX after all...

mjahn
October 30th, 2013, 03:41
Hi Paul!

I've got KN660 showing OK, both using your cfg text and my own. Some changes I would recommend though, such as:

[fltsim.xxx]
title="Douglas Dakota KN660 V2" <<< avoid poss duplicate name
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.2
model=C47_1 <<< not _2, you probably don't want a beacon for '49 :)
panel=
sound=TW
texture=RAF_KN660
kb_checklists=douglas_c47_check <<< note well, new file names
kb_reference=douglas_c47_ref <<< ditto
atc_id=660
ui_manufacturer="Douglas" <<< use quote marks throughout this section (?)
ui_type="C-47R Dakota"
ui_variation="RAF KN660"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby=
description="DAKOTA MK. IV KN660 V2"

But as I say, your version shows up alright next to mine, so there must be some other error, like number out of sequence (jankees' point), texture folder RAF_KN660 missing or misplaced, or a duplicate title= line, if you've got V1 still installed (which I don't recommend).

Any of these apply?

Geomitrak
October 30th, 2013, 04:00
turn computer off and back on again? It is Microsoft FSX after all...

I hear ya ! But it wasn't that...;)

Manfred, I'm going to implement those edits anyway, and thanks hugely...but it wasn't that either.

The problem was that the first repaint I installed this morning was Huub Vink's superb 1949 KLM repaint, file name HV_C47_KLM_1949.zip. In the cut and paste edit provided for the aircraft.cfg, this was causing the problem...

http://i.imgur.com/Ifu6NKT.jpg

That repaint, plus all the ones that were installed after it, weren't showing. I deleted the bit after [fltsim.10] and everything is now fine.

Huub, could you change the <== to // ? You'll be getting emails !

Jan, thanks for your help and all the magnificent repaints. Manfred, thanks for the best DC-3 ever to grace a flight simulator. And thanks too Huub...lovely paint job.

EDIT: Huub, can you also change Sim=Douglas_DC3 to Sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.2 ? The model doesn't initialize...or at least it didn't for me until I changed it.

mjahn
October 30th, 2013, 04:10
Ah, good to know that might do it. Glad you got it sorted!

Cirrus N210MS
October 30th, 2013, 07:06
when i installed them they all were in there own folders so i open all the folders which then pull the texture folders and drop them into the main DC-3 folder and then they show up:wavey:

huub vink
October 30th, 2013, 08:07
Huub, could you change the <== to // ? You'll be getting emails !

Obviously you haven't installed enough of my repaints as I have been doing this for years already :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
But I will try to do something different next time.

EDIT: Huub, can you also change Sim=Douglas_DC3 to Sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.2 ? The model doesn't initialize...or at least it didn't for me until I changed it.

These repaints were originally done for the first version of Manfred's C-47 therefore they contain the original "Sim=Douglas_DC3" line.

But for my next repaints will be for the 1.2 version and therefore contain the correct line for that version.

Cheers,
Huub

Geomitrak
October 30th, 2013, 08:16
Obviously you haven't installed enough of my repaints as I have been doing this for years already :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
But I will try to do something different next time.

Yes, I think this KLM one for the C-47 is the first of yours that I've installed Huub. But honestly, removal of that instruction after [fltsim.10] definitely solved the problem. The repaints installed after yours became available in the aircraft selection screen. :)