PDA

View Full Version : ETO scenery install prob - Floating cliffs!

Fighterpilot
October 29th, 2013, 14:32
An odd problem here I hope you guys maybe able to help with. After following Ramis ETO scenery guide I decide to have a stooge around and came across this:

Any idea what is happening and more importantly how to ground the cliffs?

Fighterpilot

Rami
October 29th, 2013, 16:32
An odd problem here I hope you guys maybe able to help with. After following Ramis ETO scenery guide I decide to have a stooge around and came across this:

Any idea what is happening and more importantly how to ground the cliffs?

Fighterpilot

Fighterpilot,

Of course. If you've gotten this far...you're actually doing quite well. The lack of the "Cliffs of Dover" and Cape Gris-Nez, for that matter, are one of the few major omissions in CFS2, and ones that I hope are corrected soon.

To remove this...

1) Go into your SCENEDB folder, and look for the CFS2BoB folder.

2) Inside the CFS2BoB\Scenery folder, look for a file called "Dover_INF.bgl." Once you find it, delete it, along with the filelist.dat file in the folder.

3) Reload the sim, and that should now be removed.

Fighterpilot
October 29th, 2013, 16:49
Thanks Rami,

Fighterpilot

Robert John
October 30th, 2013, 12:02
Hi Fighterpilot,
You can add a flatten area around the cliffs, this has been discussed here at soh,
Have you seen the Magazine I produce for cfs2, in issue 4 there is a new model I created with the flattened area built in, you will need to follow the instructions carefully.
If you have not seen the Magazines before let me know what you think.
You can have season textures for all the trees you need by converting the tree textures by following the instructions and Gary20 BOB Airfields have season textures, and some buildings have hard winter textures.
http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/CFS2_Magazine.htm (http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/CFS2_Magazine.htm)

Robert John

Fighterpilot
October 30th, 2013, 13:57
Thanks for that, I think I have installed as per instructions and the cliffs are now there but whilst the cliff face is textured the top is not. Any ideas what i've done wrong here? what texture files is it referencing that I've got missing or in the wrong place?

Richard

Fighterpilot
October 30th, 2013, 15:57
not to worry, now sorted

Fighterpilot