PDA

View Full Version : Look what I've been doing ....

NachtPiloten
January 16th, 2009, 17:34
Here's death from above ....

O-1Driver
January 16th, 2009, 17:41
That is one mean looking aircraft.:ernae:

Steve

grizzly50
January 16th, 2009, 18:28
:kilroy:NachtPiloten, I don't believe it!

L I B, it's an Hs 129!!!!! OMG!!!!! Please don't fail us now!!!!! LOL Good luck, and a half!!!!!:d

sixstrings
January 16th, 2009, 20:01
WOW!!! Great News!!! Thanks!!!!

pachi
January 16th, 2009, 20:19
WOW!! outstanding work :applause::applause::ernae:

cristiano103
January 16th, 2009, 21:58
Hey NacthPiloten

That's what it means to be a great a/c modeller.:faint:

Thanks and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

ronnybengt
January 16th, 2009, 23:55
lets go tankbustin everybody tank bustin , tankbustin usa .....OOOOO
( to the melody of beachboys surfin USA)

:faint::faint::faint::faint:

R

jaycee
January 17th, 2009, 00:23
Nacht. you are just amazing.:applause::applause::applause:

dsawan
January 17th, 2009, 00:37
Yessssssssssssssssss! Please make a priority. This plane I could play every day with and never get bored. :wavey:

dsawan
January 17th, 2009, 00:38
Curious, which version you doing, B2 or b3 or both?

ronnybengt
January 17th, 2009, 03:10
@griz....did the rangers ever fail????? i dont think so.......Nacht is our man, leading :Banane36:the way.....

ahoy there..

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY::

R

grizzly50
January 17th, 2009, 06:23
@griz....did the rangers ever fail????? i dont think so.......Nacht is our man, leading :Banane36:the way.....

ahoy there..

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY::

R

:kilroy:RB, hate to say anything, but yes they did. This should further answer your question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cisterna It's no wonder, considering what the Germans threw at them. There was a film from 1958 titled, I believe, "Darby' Rangers", starring James Garner that told the story. Also, here's another source of general Rangers info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Army_Rangers.:d

NachtPiloten
January 17th, 2009, 06:29
The planes will be B2's and B3's. I can't take full credit for this model. It was given to me to finish. It was done well but lacked the correct control surfaces and animation, the landing gear was not as accurate as needed, no guns, no flighmodel, props and engines were not correct and other minor pieces need refining. It still needs a virtual cockpit but compared to the bombers and other planes with 4-7 cockpits this one should be faster.

It is pleasure to fly, stable and predicatble but man she is SLOW with over 2300 lbs of armor plating in the cockpit plus another 1500 lbs or so on the engines and other vital areas.

The 129 was used in Africa and the Eastern front. This one is going to be Blue C from 4/SG 2 in Tunsinia. Others will come. BTW this 75mm is for B3's and Blue C will have a 30mm cannon. But do not fear you will have a 75mm version too. Not sure which one though. Your requests will help decide.

Oh, you fans of the J and N versions of the Do 217 these are coming along well as well as a nice Sunderland. For you sea faring types an AR196 is flying around too.

O-1Driver
January 17th, 2009, 06:41
Outstanding Ted,

A lot of model builders left CFS 3 because they thought this sim was dying and did not want to put time and effort in to aircraft that would never be used. The thing is MAW, ETO, OFF and Solomons are bringing people back to CFS 3 that left years ago and now can't believe what they have been missing.

You can only fly around in FS 2004 so long untill you yearn for WW II combat.

Ted thanks for hanging in here with all of us diehards. I believe CFS 3 will be around for a while. Also now that MS is scrapping Vista that makes it even better for us. Maybe the success of ETO led to MS dumping Vista.

Steve

sixstrings
January 17th, 2009, 06:42
Fantastic news!!!!! Thanks O'Great One!!!!!:medals::medals:

Frosty
January 17th, 2009, 08:46
Excellent work, Nachtpiloten!!!

Is cockpit view gonna be as claustrophobic as the real one was? If you look at some of the piccies in that book I tipped you about, the pilots were sitting with their noses almost touching the windscreen. That cockpit was so cramped that the gunsight was mounted outside on the nose!

ndicki
January 17th, 2009, 08:59
Nice,nice, nice! One of my favourite aircraft in CFS2... :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

ronnybengt
January 17th, 2009, 10:06
@ GRIZ....ROFL.....:focus:

R

Stickshaker
January 17th, 2009, 10:24
What a pleasant surprise, Ted!

grizzly50
January 17th, 2009, 10:50
@ GRIZ....ROFL.....:focus:

R

:kilroy:RB, well, you asked!:focus::d

ronnybengt
January 17th, 2009, 12:26
ye ye....me bildge rat.....

me long 4 zat Arado to.....

R:amen:

gaw
January 17th, 2009, 12:36
you guys are amazing...........I'd no idea what this plane even was....and who's got all the banana smilies?

never mind.....just noticed the smilies(more)....I'm as bad as the don't read read-me's

dsawan
January 17th, 2009, 14:05
Here's some more info on this plane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hs_129

jaycee
January 17th, 2009, 15:03
Here is a piccie i like,A lot of you will probably have seen it though.

lewis11777
January 17th, 2009, 16:22
Ted, just when we think we've seen your best you roll out another masterpiece.

:applause:

cargomann
January 17th, 2009, 22:34
wwwwwwwaoooooooooohhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

Led Zeppelin
January 18th, 2009, 01:13
This one is going to be Blue C from 4/SG 2 in Tunsinia.
yes, some new stuff for MAW!! :applause:

Starspeeder_3000
January 18th, 2009, 10:10
Just saw this thread, awesome! Glad to see this bird is on its way into the sim! :woot:

NachtPiloten
January 19th, 2009, 12:42
Cockpit about 85% w/o textures.

I have modeled two guns, 75mm and 30mm with pylons. Working on the details such as gear doors and control surfaces. Now the work week comes back into play so less progress.

Later.

Oh, I have destroyed my fair share of tanks this weekend!:friday:

Daiwilletti
January 19th, 2009, 21:00
Hi Nachtpiloten,

great looking plane!! On the question of pylons, I understood that some quirk of cfs3 rendered pylon-mounted cannon ineffective. Have you worked a way around that?

D

NachtPiloten
January 20th, 2009, 04:51
Hi Nachtpiloten,

great looking plane!! On the question of pylons, I understood that some quirk of cfs3 rendered pylon-mounted cannon ineffective. Have you worked a way around that?

D

I thought the GroundCrew Folks (I'll check with Mathias) had a solution for that. It had to do with the creation of new pylons, guns and weapons, primarily with the xdps. I say this because of their bf 110's other weapons they have produced. If I am mistaken than I'll just make three versions. A B3 with the 75mm (she was slow too 350 kph vs 410 w/o the 75mm), one B2 w/ the mk 103 and pylons for the wing bombs, and another B2 with pylons for wing and fuselage mounted bombs.

Lennert
January 20th, 2009, 06:07
Ahh great! just great! Now I can't sleep until you've uploaded it! and I have an important test next monday.. Thanks for the timing!! :help:

j/k ;) thanks alot for doing that plane! It will keep me entertained for months!

Mathias
January 20th, 2009, 06:26
I thought the GroundCrew Folks (I'll check with Mathias) had a solution for that. It had to do with the creation of new pylons, guns and weapons, primarily with the xdps. I say this because of their bf 110's other weapons they have produced. If I am mistaken than I'll just make three versions. A B3 with the 75mm (she was slow too 350 kph vs 410 w/o the 75mm), one B2 w/ the mk 103 and pylons for the wing bombs, and another B2 with pylons for wing and fuselage mounted bombs.

The workaround is to not use pylon mounted guns at all but make them part of the aircraft model just like any other gun.
Requires you to burn one or two standalones variants more I'm afraid.
The good news is that this approach would be more accurate anyway, historically speaking.
All this field kit nonsense about German aircraft that could be converted from Rüstsatz A to Rüstsatz B in no time is bull.
When a plane had been build to conditions X it usually spend it's operational lifetime as such unless it had been converted due to general changes in requirements.

"Hey, blackman (Luftwaffe slang for ground crew guy), what kit will you mount me today?!
"Hmm, let's see what we have. Want R3 or R4? Maybe I can dig out R8 for you! Give me a minute" :costumes:

NachtPiloten
January 20th, 2009, 07:22
No big deal. Thanks for the input. Good to see you around. Have you tried my A5 airfile in the other section of CFS3? If you could let me know what you think.