PDA

View Full Version : Operation Iceberg

Devildog73
October 14th, 2013, 12:20
First mission built, not fully tested and timed.

We will see if I can fly the mission, destroy the airfield objects, fight off enemy fighters, and return to find the HMS Victorious to land upon.

First flight after build AA got me looking like Swiss cheese just after releasing my bomb, which did hit my target. :pop4: I crashed and burned. Note to self, let other aircraft attack and draw the fire before I go in.

According to historic documents, the airbase was set up in such a way that attacking aircraft entered a gauntlet of AA on either side of the attackers. After this first mission BPF pilots learned to come in low and fast. (That will be mission two, if I survive mission one).:isadizzy:

UncleTgt
October 17th, 2013, 13:41
DD73,

Are you using a stock install?

I ask because the Sakishima Gunto (& Okinawa itself) have sloping water in any install based in Rhumbas new mesh (but that can be fixed :a1310:...)

btw I recently read some aircrew reports - both the FAA & USN crews hated the Sakishima airbase denial missions, not much air opposition, but very heavy flak airbase defence - & they didn't use much tracer, making ground attack missions even more scary :icon_eek:

Devildog73
October 18th, 2013, 22:25
DD73,

Are you using a stock install?

I ask because the Sakishima Gunto (& Okinawa itself) have sloping water in any install based in Rhumbas new mesh (but that can be fixed :a1310:...)

btw I recently read some aircrew reports - both the FAA & USN crews hated the Sakishima airbase denial missions, not much air opposition, but very heavy flak airbase defence - & they didn't use much tracer, making ground attack missions even more scary :icon_eek:

UncleT,
No, I no longer have a stock install, except for my one "pristine" install which is just sitting with no activity. I have Rhumba's mesh and MR's bases designed for it. I will have to go in and look over all the airbases in the area and see if I see the water infringing on the islands.

(Time for a little free flight between all of the area bases including Formosa).

I will get back to you.

Devildog73
October 18th, 2013, 23:07
Okay,

It appears to be the North and Northwest sides of the islands that the water infringes on the terrain.

The south and southeast sides of the islands are fine.

Lee

From what I am reading on the FS9 to CFS2 world is ours thread, this should be corrected by the time I am ready to release Meridian and Iceberg.

Lee