PDA

View Full Version : Help With Cowl Flap Control

Duckie
October 9th, 2013, 11:35
I've lived with this for quite a while but now it needs repair!

Cannot open or close cowl flaps using the FS9 key press sequence, control+shif+ V or C, on any aircraft equiped with them, stock FS9, freeware or payware addons, makes no difference. I have verified that the control is mapped and not duplicated. BTW, neither keyboard presses or HOTAS mapped button push work, Hence, a HOTAS mapped button push is useless.

If, in any aircraft, the control is available/clickable in the 2D or VC the cowl flaps will operate via this method.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Milton Shupe
October 9th, 2013, 12:37
Verify individually that your cntrl and shift keys are working.

Example: Does the Cntrl+; reload the aircraft?

Does Shift+e open a passenger door?

If so, remap the passenger door to cntrl+shift+v to see if it opens.

If not, for some reason, the cntrl+shift is not being recognized as a combination. May be a KB issue.

Try swapping KB's from another computer.

Duckie
October 9th, 2013, 12:54
Hi Milton, thanks. I have verified that both Ctrl and Shift work individually/separately but not together. I'll test that next using your suggestion substituting the combo to the door open/close operation.

Thanks

Duckie
October 9th, 2013, 16:53
Well, the swap didn't work. Reassigned Ctrl shift V to open door and nothing happened.

All other "Ctrl+Shift+xx" key combos within FS9 work properly, both as a keyboard entry and a mapped HOTAS button.

Assigned several other different keys and combos to the cowl flaps and they all work.

Also reinstalled FSUICP.

Outside FS9 all keyboard keys work properly.

Hope it's not symptomatic of something worse to come.

Investigation continues.

Milton Shupe
October 9th, 2013, 17:18
Check KB settings in the control panel. I think there is a setting controlling how long repeat works when held down.

Duckie
October 9th, 2013, 18:37
Check KB settings in the control panel. I think there is a setting controlling how long repeat works when held down.

Current KB setting is:

Repeat Delay: Shortest

Repeat Rate: Fastest