PDA

View Full Version : AMD 3D Graphic settings

Morton
September 30th, 2013, 10:09
I have been fairly satisfied with my Radeon AMD 3D card for the past 3-4 years. However after the last driver update I seem to have some issues with the rendering in CFS2. The scenery and AC textures becomes blurry. I have done some experiments with the settings in CFS2 and AMD card, but the problem is still there. Does any of you CFS2 pilots have some ideas about this? Some general suggestions about CFS2 3D settings contra graphic cards settings perhaps?

Mort:kilroy:n

twosixalpha
October 4th, 2013, 22:40
If I may,........
aways back I had a ATI radeon card, and had a few problems as well. One thing, first off, always insure all Driver downloads come from the
"manufacturer" of whatever hardware, dont remember how many times something went wacky with a driver download from Microsoft, but twas lots. Personally had a settings issue with my ATI VC where it would go blury, I.E., freeflight in CFS2, paused and checked CFS2 settings, and found my grafx settings downgraded to low, I jes moved slider all the way to the right, and unpaused, and details were back again. So what was the cause ? In My case, had all kinds of bells an whistles turned on, on the card, I forgot when Microsoft released CFS2, seems some of the Newer video stuff conficted with the older game settings, so I had to simplify things a little. I defaulted most of the video cards settings keeping it "basic" and "simple" and "application controlled", and used "user controlled" in CFS2, Problem Solved for CFS2, tho other older progs gave diferent grafx probs. In the I opted for an Nvidia solution, which I shoulda put in from the first when I built the darn rig, hind site bein what it is, or was, anyhow downgrade the cards settings und lean primarily on the game settings and see if that gives a better result as was in my case, hope it helps.
:salute:
twosixalpha

gradyhappyg
October 4th, 2013, 23:37
If you updated to ver 13.9 you are not alone lots of issues with older direct x 9 games. I had an issue with none of my Microsoft games even working. Seems this driver update is quite borked. If you can try rolling back to the last driver(13.4 in my case) and see if that helps.

See this thread for more info:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?82131-The-new-13-9-ATI-Driver

Morton
October 7th, 2013, 14:48
Thanks. Good info guys! I'll report back if I find out anything improving the gamesettings.

Morton

Blackbird686
October 7th, 2013, 15:14
For what it's worth to you chaps... the same thing happens occasionally with FS2004. I have only had a few rare instances and when it happens, I go in and modify the textures so that they are all the same format. No mips, but I keep the alpha channels because I like the shine. This little issue seems to be limited to Ati Video, so far.

I have never had issues like this in CFS2, but it's been a while since I've flown that sim.

Cheers -- BB686:USA-flag: