PDA

View Full Version : Beaus in the Sand campaign released...

Rami
September 28th, 2013, 03:46
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/276213803687906466.JPG
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This is the semi-historical Mediterranean Beaufighter campaign. This is a brand-new venture for CFS2, but in its original form, it was a CFS1 campaign by Cliff Burgess, many years ago. This overhauled and revised campaign features nineteen missions during an expanse of twenty-nine months, from early 1942 until late 1944. The campaign covers locations all over the Mediterranean, including Egypt, Algeria, Malta, Corsica, Sicily, and Italy.

* Please note that this campaign features beta scenery by Jean Bomber, and is not to be released at any other site than SOH for the time being.

Included in the campaign are GSL harbors at Alexandria, Bari, Bejaia, Bizerte, Bone, Palermo, Trieste, Tripoli, and Tunis.

Many thanks to Pen32Win, Dombral, kdriver, and Tobob for their help with this!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Beaus in the Sand - Med campaign.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=17483&catid=44)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
September 28th, 2013, 03:51
Hey guys,

Many thanks first must be paid to Dombral for our discussions on the Bizerte scenery, and his GSL work. Within he and tobob, (who did the Bari scenery) this project would have never been completed.

Anyway, I just thought you'd enjoy this one...it will give you something to chew on while I debug and finish other projects which are pending release. This campaign has also been tested by a CFS2 legend...Pen32Win. So I feel comfortable releasing it.

Just let me know if any instructions are unclear, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Finn
September 28th, 2013, 06:20
Thanks for such a wonderful campaign to fly. Best of all: In a great, yet overlooked British plane.:applause:

Finn

Worthless
September 28th, 2013, 07:05
I have just gotten my MTO theater up and working. I just need to add a few more of Achim's add-ons and I'll be ready to give this a try.

Morton
September 28th, 2013, 08:17
Allways thought there was too few Beaufighter campaigns. And this one's even for the Med! Thank you so much Rami. Look forward to do these.

Mort:applause:n

beepee
September 28th, 2013, 08:52
Thank Rami and Dombral for this wonderful campaign

Rami, you say there are "some double coastline conflicts in the lagoon area and along the northern coastline just north of the harbor entrance" of Bizerte
In the thread "Rami : help with JHS_North_Africa scenery !! (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?81667-Rami-help-with-JHS_North_Africa-scenery-!!/page2)" of spetember 3th, I informed that I had founded a solution to the problem "removing the "N37E09_**_*.bgl's" from the Afnor scenery/scenery folder ... you stop double coastline conflicts beetween points N37* 7.20 E8* 59.91 and N37*15.06 E10*0.04"

Here are picts of the aera with you campaign GSL and scenery DB add-on, and my "fix" solution...

The Bizerte aera is neat and the GSL job great...

May be this "fix" can be helpfull for others

Cheers
Beepee

Rami
September 28th, 2013, 09:06
Thank Rami and Dombral for this wonderful campaign

Rami, you say there are "some double coastline conflicts in the lagoon area and along the northern coastline just north of the harbor entrance" of Bizerte.

In the thread "Rami : help with JHS_North_Africa scenery !! (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?81667-Rami-help-with-JHS_North_Africa-scenery-!!/page2)" of September 3th, I informed that I had founded a solution to the problem "removing the "N37E09_**_*.bgl's" from the Afnor scenery/scenery folder ... you stop double coastline conflicts between points N37* 7.20 E8* 59.91 and N37*15.06 E10*0.04"

Here are picts of the aera with you campaign GSL and scenery DB add-on, and my "fix" solution...

The Bizerte aera is neat and the GSL job great...May be this "fix" can be helpfull for others

Cheers
Beepee

Beepee,

That may be true, but try flying over Palermo harbor (mission ten) with that solution in place...lol

Removing those files knocks the coastlines of Sicily into a cocked hat.

I figured people could live with that minor inconvenience for that one night mission...once the scenery gets revised, the problem will disappear.

Discus
September 28th, 2013, 12:14
Thanks to all the CFS2 team involved in this campaign. Today it has been a cloudy day in this side of the world, so a flying in a sunny weather would be really good :icon_lol:

Cheers, Discus

Shadow Wolf 07
September 28th, 2013, 12:42
Thanks Rami and all you others for an interesting campaign!

Captain Kurt
September 28th, 2013, 15:47
Congratulations on finally getting this one out of the door. Are there major changes from the original we were testing what seems like ages ago? Or is it mostly the scenery? :jump:

Rami
September 28th, 2013, 16:37
Congratulations on finally getting this one out of the door. Are there major changes from the original we were testing what seems like ages ago? Or is it mostly the scenery? :jump:

Kurt,

It's mostly the scenery. Pen32Win put these missions through the wringer in 2011, and added evasive action for the ships. I also was waiting for the scenery at Bari. The missing link, though was Bizerte. Dombral sent me a GSL file for it, and that was enough to push it over the cliff and get it released

Hooraw
October 1st, 2013, 23:56
Yes, many thanks to all who have used their skills to output these missions.:salute:

As an aside, at the stroke of midnight 2nd Oct., I hit the Big 70, and still get a kick out of CFS2. On a Coral Sea mission (Coral Sea Task Force 7.mis) I smoked some Oscar's and acm2n's and sunk a couple of Maru's. Leaned the fuel consumption and got back and landed on the Yorktown, first try. The LSO wasn't happy, I was too high, too fast, I ignored his wave off and still caught the wire. I, sometimes, win a few.

highpockets
October 2nd, 2013, 17:01
thanks Rami!

I love that pug nosed Beaufighter! Been absent for a while from the sims. Can't wait to get back soon. Am going to update my MTO with the new Western Africa missions too.

Talon
October 2nd, 2013, 19:20
Way to go Rami.

I know you've wanted to release this campaign for along time.

I fly the RAAF Beaufighter ( 30 Squadron ) alot in NG.

Killer Svend
October 2nd, 2013, 23:06
RAMI !!
You have done it again, Great campaign, Thank you so much, it is really big fun to fly this battleship of the skies, I have all your campaigns installed and this one bear the price as the best until now. God only know what the time will bring if you continue in this way. A coupple of small things are missing in the readme : item 8 has to be renamed to Messerschmitt Bf-109g-2 and following ships are missing.

Tor Combat,Hog Islander GC_Camship and JMK_inf_boy. These ships are needed to fly the transfer to Malta. But still a super campaign, thank you again.

Killer Svend

Rami
October 3rd, 2013, 02:00
RAMI !!

You have done it again, Great campaign, Thank you so much, it is really big fun to fly this battleship of the skies, I have all your campaigns installed and this one bear the price as the best until now. God only know what the time will bring if you continue in this way. A couple of small things are missing in the readme: item 8 has to be renamed to Messerschmitt Bf-109g-2 and following ships are missing.

Tor Combat,Hog Islander GC_Camship and JMK_inf_boy. These ships are needed to fly the transfer to Malta. But still a super campaign, thank you again.

Killer Svend

Killer,

Those ships are listed in Brunosk's Malta instructions, but I'll list them here...

GC_Camship: http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS2/ships/zip/GC_CAMship.zip

Thor_Combat: http://www.geocities.jp/usio_no_ibuki/ship_model3/Thor_combat.zip

JMK buoy: http://www.geocities.jp/usio_no_ibuki/EFFECTS/JMK_inf_Buoy.zip

Hog Islander: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=42&id=6341

By the way, what do you mean by "item 8?" Did I forget to rename something in the mission?

highpockets
October 3rd, 2013, 13:55
Rami
Should I delete the old DAF missions in my MTO and add in the Western Desert and Beaus in the Sand? I assume to keep the Malta missions, etc.
Thanks

Rami
October 3rd, 2013, 15:31
Rami,

Should I delete the old DAF missions in my MTO and add in the Western Desert and Beaus in the Sand? I assume to keep the Malta missions, etc.

Thanks

Highpockets,

Yes, replace the old DAF missions. The Malta missions are fine.

highpockets
October 3rd, 2013, 16:48
Thanks much!