PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Still Doing Scenery

bobhegf
September 27th, 2013, 16:05
If there is anyone still doing scenery what programs are you using?

Allen
September 27th, 2013, 17:04
Objects or ground?

bobhegf
September 27th, 2013, 17:18
Ground scenery. I have the DXTbmp working along with my paint program but can`t FSSC to transport the scenery over. I understand that there are problems with win7 and fssc. I had the same problem with Vista but got it to work. I think there is or was a fix but can`t locate it. I also found out that Leung Software doesn't support FSSC anymore.

Allen
September 27th, 2013, 20:50
I've done some work on GroundMaker but I have done much since I put more time in to leaning gMax.

No Dice
September 28th, 2013, 05:56
Hello Bob,
I am presently working on my Alaska project and will be releasing parts of it soon.
I have a list of programs and utilties with downloads on this page.
http://thefreeflightsite.com/Projects_1.htm (http://thefreeflightsite.com/Projects_1.htm)

Have a look,

Dave

bobhegf
September 28th, 2013, 08:25
I still can`t get FSSC to transport my scenery to any folder that I can find. All at this point I am trying to do is put a flatten at Guadalcanal using FSSC. Now my CFS2 is located on my desk top and FSSC is located in the X86 program Folder. I just tried to transport the scenery again but clicked on CFS2 in the drop down box and found the scenery located between the GSL and Help folders in FSSC. When I opened CFS2 the scenery wasn`t there. FSSC seems to be transporting the scenery but it doesn`t show up or I can`t find it in my CFS2 folder. Any Ideas.

Captain Kurt
September 28th, 2013, 09:01
I don't transport my FSSC bgls directly to CFS2. I set up a folder inside the FSSC main folder itself and save them there. I can then manually move them to any scenery add on folder I choose in CFS2. When you are working with blended polys you need to be modifying the .sca file and manually compiling a new bgl file anyway. The only downside is having to type in the airbase data in the airbases.dat file to be able to quickly go to the new airfield in MB

No Dice
September 28th, 2013, 09:16
I would simply have the completed bgl sent to the main FSSC folder then move it by hand to your CFS2 scenery folder.

or

use the great FSFlatten program on my site, easy to use, just move in a counter clockwise style, no limit to the amount of flatten points you put in.
It is a great utility, by Steve Greenwood.

Set your forward view to Hud, set your window view to top down. start fsflatten. name it "what ever". set the altitude you are looking for based on the lowest in your given area. Click new file, click new area, click add vertex at bottom. (Insure method at the top is set to area16.) Click your minus sign in the upper right to lower the program, hit P to unpause CFS2 , move your joystick ( plane ) to the next flatten point, bring up FSflatten, hit add vertex...minus sign again, p button again, move again...ect ect. Do not joint your final point with your stating point, FSflatten will do that for you.
Click create bgl. then exit. Go to the fsflatten folder locate your bgl and move it to your scenery folder.

Its like magic. I love that program.

Dave

Shadow Wolf 07
September 28th, 2013, 10:53
I would recommend FlightSimulator Scenery Creator (FSSC) with Maskrider's Scenery Tutorial.

bobhegf
September 28th, 2013, 11:52
Thanks, I have it and in the past have done about 90 airfields. The problem I am having is not being able to locate the scenery after transporting it to CFS2. I use FSSC to help build the scenery but I can`t locate where it is going after I export it.

No Dice
September 28th, 2013, 12:13
Try exporting it to desk top ???

Dave

bobhegf
September 28th, 2013, 12:57
I tried it and it wouldn`t work. I haven`t done any scenery in about 3 years so I must be missing something.

bobhegf
September 28th, 2013, 16:48
I found that it did transport once but that was it.