PDA

View Full Version : QF-16 takes flight

kilo delta
September 24th, 2013, 04:57
http://theaviationist.com/2013/09/23/qf-16-test-video/

txnetcop
September 24th, 2013, 06:42
I understand the "WHY" they did it, but it is really hard watching an F-16 fighter being used as a target!!! Next to the F-86, the F-16 was my personal favorite. It had a remarkable beginning and the cost to build was just as remarkable. Great video though!
Ted

gecko65
September 24th, 2013, 07:18
Wow - I feel old. I remember when these jets were first stationed at McConnell AFB. We were really excited to get them there, but sad to see the F-4s leave. Then the 16s left and some came down here to the 162nd FW, and some went to the Boneyard. And now this :frown:

kilo delta
September 24th, 2013, 07:31
Now they've turned their attention to the "Electric Jet" maybe they'll leave what's left of the Phantom force alone? :icon_lol:

ViperPilot2
September 24th, 2013, 09:28
I'd like to see a forward facing camera view; that would be cool watching ACM sans lé pílote!

gecko65
September 24th, 2013, 12:02
Now they've turned their attention to the "Electric Jet" maybe they'll leave what's left of the Phantom force alone? :icon_lol:

Let's hope! I hated seeing the bright orange on the few F-4s I saw flying here during testing for the QF program, knowing what their fate would be. Apparently this will also be the fate of the older 16s ----> :gameoff:

Although I can't complain too much, what with being able to see fully restored Rhinos flying around all weekend once a year during the Heritage Flight hosted at DM :jump:

Skyhawk_310R
September 24th, 2013, 16:45
I understand the "WHY" they did it, but it is really hard watching an F-16 fighter being used as a target!!! Next to the F-86, the F-16 was my personal favorite. It had a remarkable beginning and the cost to build was just as remarkable. Great video though!
Ted

That's kind of my thought, but adding also that for me I remember when the F-16 first went operational and so it's a bit disconcerting to see the oldest ones being used for target practice!

Ken

Flyboy208
September 24th, 2013, 17:10
Makes me feel my age ... we had QF-86's and QF-4's at NAS Point Mugu during my 4 years there .... If I see the day that the F/A-18A has a Q designation ... wow ! Mike :monkies: