PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Fuel Box or resizing it

FSX68
September 23rd, 2013, 12:55
Found some info on how I might be able to reduce the size or eliminate the Fuel Box ala ADE. Or, can I just relocate it with ADE?

Here is a pic of the airport in question the ADE sees. I've noted the "Fuel Trigger" in red

http://i44.tinypic.com/zv3n1w.jpg

I also saw a tread that mentions elimination of fuel box or reducing its size. How can you reduce the size of the fuel box?

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/10238-how-to-disable-the-fsx-refuelling-point/

MCDesigns
September 23rd, 2013, 13:23
In ADE you can click on it and then delete it. I have seen no parameter that lets you resize it though.

Daveroo
September 23rd, 2013, 14:05
just what is a "fuel box"?

ive never run an airplane long enough to run out of fuel...is this needed if you are making a long flight and run low and have to land and refuel without restarting a flight?..

FSX68
September 23rd, 2013, 14:22
just what is a "fuel box"?

ive never run an airplane long enough to run out of fuel...is this needed if you are making a long flight and run low and have to land and refuel without restarting a flight?..

What happens is, if you land at a airport that has a refueling station then the aircraft will automatically refuel and you will see your fuel gauge return to full.

Sieggie
September 23rd, 2013, 14:38
The fuel trigger size is dependent on the size of the fuel parking space its created from. When you select the fuel point and add a fuel trigger to it, it will create a square trigger area the same size as the fuel parking space diameter.

Dave

JoeW
September 26th, 2013, 08:30
This is a XML text file of a fuel square. You need to change that Lat and Lon to where you want it placed. MS Has a little program that is named XML Notepad and it's free. I'd get that. You will notice that the parameters are 10's that is 10 meters I think a side is 20 meters x 20 meters. If you change that to 5's you will have a 10 meter x 10 meter fuel square.
I can't post the XML here because it wont except it and blanks out all code. It's in the zip included.

n4gix
September 26th, 2013, 09:26
I can't post the XML here because it wont except it and blanks out all code. It's in the zip included.
Actually, you can post XML script here, but you must click on the upper left icon in the editor to switch to "Source Mode" before pasting the code or XML script...

...and search and replace all < characters with & lt; as well as all > characters with & lt; (without the spaces!). This silly forum software is just buggy as hell because it doesn't recognize certain characters as being unique. :icon_eek:

Prepare your code or XML section as described above
Click on upper left icon to switch to "Source Mode"
Click on the # icon to create "code box tags"
Paste your code or XML script in-between the "code box tags"

&lt;FSData version="9.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd"&gt;
&lt;SceneryObject lat="27.237250" lon="-80.498158" alt="0" altitudeIsAgl="TRUE" pitch="0" bank="0" heading="0" imageComplexity="NORMAL"&gt;
&lt;BiasXYZ biasX="0" biasY="0" biasZ="0" /&gt;
&lt;Trigger type="REFUEL_REPAIR" triggerHeight="0"&gt;
&lt;Fuel type="100" availability="YES" /&gt;
&lt;Vertex biasX="-10" biasZ="-10" /&gt;
&lt;Vertex biasX="-10" biasZ="10" /&gt;
&lt;Vertex biasX="10" biasZ="10" /&gt;
&lt;Vertex biasX="10" biasZ="-10" /&gt;
&lt;/Trigger&gt;
&lt;/SceneryObject&gt;
&lt;/FSData&gt;
&lt;

JoeW
September 26th, 2013, 14:28
Thanks Bill, I knew there was a way but I could not get it to work.
At any rate, that's the XML code for a fuel / repair box. You can run it thru the compbgl.exe in the SDL to compile a bgl. This will then be a stand alone fuel/repair box.
This will work in either FSX or FS9.

n4gix
September 27th, 2013, 08:10
Thanks Bill, I knew there was a way but I could not get it to work.
Joe, I had to figure out a way to post code/script because as the moderator of the flightsim.com panel/gauge forum that's a large part of what gets posted...

...and fs.com runs the same forum software as SOH. For that matter, although AVSIM runs different forum software, their current editor has pretty much the same flaws, so a similar technique has to be used to post clean code/scripts there as well. I am moderator there for six forums, including the panel/gauge forum... :isadizzy: