PDA

View Full Version : P-47D-30 Maj. Glenn T. Eagleston

bub
September 23rd, 2013, 10:09
Hi All,
Here's the final version of Eagleston's P-47D. I'll get it uploaded in a couple of days.
Thanks,
Bub

kelticheart
September 23rd, 2013, 23:15
Hi All,
Here's the final version of Eagleston's P-47D. I'll get it uploaded in a couple of days.
Thanks,
Bub

A true beauty!

:jump: :applause: :applause: :jump: :applause: :applause: :jump:

Many thanks, Bub!
KH :ernae:

bearcat241
September 24th, 2013, 05:31
A true beauty!

:jump: :applause: :applause: :jump: :applause: :applause: :jump:

Copy that...i love Jugs. Mustangs are cool and sporty, but Jugs are like work trucks on steroids and NOS :icon_lol:

Rami
September 24th, 2013, 12:46
Bub,

This is outstanding, and I love the shine! :salute:

bub
September 24th, 2013, 13:38
Thanks guys, I found some time and got it uploaded. It should be in the Downloads shortly.
Again, thanks to Captain Kurt for the base skin and Morton for the few bits I borrowed. Its good to be getting back in the swing of things.
Hopefully, I can find some time and start to rebuild some of my old files.
Thanks and have fun,
Bub

Kelti: I looked through your files to find a suitable prop textue but couldn't find one. Then I realized there is no prop texture for the aircraft.
So, I guess we'll have to settle for the existing one.

kelticheart
September 25th, 2013, 00:04
...Kelti: I looked through your files to find a suitable prop textue but couldn't find one. Then I realized there is no prop texture for the aircraft.
So, I guess we'll have to settle for the existing one.

Hi there! :wavey:

I cannot remember off the top of my head (I'm at work now) if Alpha's Jug is one of their models where the prop blurred texture can be replaced or not. I was able to do it on some of their later models, like their Wellington, Halifax and their P-51D but I don't know, just now, if their P-47D falls into this category.

Earlier Alpha's models had not a separate blurred texture file and replacements are impossible to do.

Although I want to update my 4-blade textures, as I did with my 2 and 3-blade ones, you could try if the Alpha's Mustang alternative blurred prop, I uploaded here back in 2010:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=47&id=2368

fits Alpha's Thunderbolt as well, providing it can be changed.

Thank you again for a splendid repaint and for getting back into re-skinning CFS2 planes!

Cheers!

bub
September 25th, 2013, 08:08
Kelti,
I looked through the textures and can't find anywhere to put a prop texture. It must be something coded in. The ony way to do it, I think, would be to put it in the dp file like a replacement pilot. I'm not sure how that would work. I gave it a shot, but no dice.
Bub

gaucho_59
September 25th, 2013, 12:30
Kelti,
I looked through the textures and can't find anywhere to put a prop texture. It must be something coded in. The ony way to do it, I think, would be to put it in the dp file like a replacement pilot. I'm not sure how that would work. I gave it a shot, but no dice.
Bub

I reduced the size of the kill marks which were a bit too big.. and added some shading and shines... to
make it, I think, come a little more alive... comments welcome

bub
September 25th, 2013, 13:07
Gaucho,
The profile I used had them that big, so I went with it. The extra shine looks good. Maybe post the mdl. so we can all "bask in the shine".
Bub

gaucho_59
September 25th, 2013, 14:42
Gaucho,
The profile I used had them that big, so I went with it. The extra shine looks good. Maybe post the mdl. so we can all "bask in the shine".
Bub

I am not savvy enough to mess with the mdl... I am an artist... so I put the shine myself directly on the textures... usually in a separate layer...
so I keep a template to add exactly the same shine, weathering, etc. on several versions of the same bird...
I can let you have the "doctored" textures I changed...
If you can work in layers, I can send you the original PSP... which easily can be changed into a bmp 256 colors... (that is what my version is)
[for some reason... when you work on an original 8bit color texture.. if one saves it as that.. the sim doesn't recognize it... but it always accepts
256 color textures...
Let me know if you want the PSP textures...

bub
September 25th, 2013, 17:19
Gaucho,
Thanks for the offer. This one I'm done with. I've got a bunch of other stuff to work on and get uploaded. Time, at the moment, is not a luxury. Looks good and I'll have to try it out some time.
Bub

bearcat241
September 25th, 2013, 18:50
Gaucho, very nice job...that "painted" shine is perfect! I like everything except the pilot's head gear. Should be more like that in Bub's original, don't you agree?

gaucho_59
September 25th, 2013, 20:07
Gaucho, very nice job...that "painted" shine is perfect! I like everything except the pilot's head gear. Should be more like that in Bub's original, don't you agree?

I substituted the face and fabric of the headgear with one I created
for summer wear... unfortunately... the pilot figure is what it is..... with a football helmet type shape...
I've created different ones to substitute for that ubiquitous oriental looking guy CFS2 sports for
practically every pilot... (different nationalities, helmets, etc.) and they work fine in lieu of the
CFS2 pilot... the Alpha pilot is kind of different... Have to experiment with this a bit...

kelticheart
September 25th, 2013, 23:16
Kelti,
Bub

As I told you, this P-47 is one of Alpha's models with its prop blurred texture coded in the mdl.

I've seen it numerous times with other designers, if there isn't a separate texture file for the blurred prop, there's no way to get around it. I also saw various attempts at adding it to the dp, mostly to very old addon aircrafts where their prop texture disappears when flown as AI's. None of them worked properly, at best the prop disc is displayed fixed, with no spinning animation effects.

At this point, I always preferred seeing them with no prop texture at all, which can be plausible under certain light angles hitting the disc.

Cheers!

bub
September 25th, 2013, 23:46
Kelti,
That's what I figured. Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I really appreciate your effort.
Well, on to the next project.
Thanks again,
Bub

kelticheart
September 26th, 2013, 00:18
Kelti,
That's what I figured. Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I really appreciate your effort.
Well, on to the next project.
Thanks again,
Bub

You're welcome Bub, no sweat at all! Too bad we can't replace this Thunderbolt prop because it's a very nice model.

Cheers!

gaucho_59
September 27th, 2013, 15:50

Malinowski's and FDG P-51Bs....
For the sake of "relative " reality... I re-did the pilot figure on the Lee Archer's Tuskegee airmen mount (this one is much better than the P-47's) and converted it to a Negro pilot...

gaucho_59
September 28th, 2013, 09:33
Malinowski's and FDG P-51Bs....
For the sake of "relative " reality... I re-did the pilot figure on the Lee Archer's Tuskegee airmen mount (this one is much better than the P-47's) and converted it to a Negro pilot...

natural metal weathered finishes... here's the latest... adding shines, etc.

gaucho_59
September 29th, 2013, 11:02
natural metal weathered finishes... here's the latest... adding shines, etc.

Does anyone know what pilot and unit this aircraft was?

Captain Kurt
September 29th, 2013, 16:07
yes, see your other post. I answered there.

gaucho_59
October 4th, 2013, 09:54
yes, see your other post. I answered there.

I just finished Heller's later mount on a p-51D... it is a pretty nice model given its age...
and best of all... it is freeware.