PDA

View Full Version : cfs2autocoast DEMO available

Sander
September 12th, 2013, 03:16
Hi,
I've just posted a beta preview demo of scenery created with cfs2autocoast on my Skydrive (https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1C6F4A0CA82ACDD5!329&authkey=!AO_DlrgMhsORNEU), for a limited time.
Norway and Ireland! Just to help you ease the wait for the full world packages.

Beta software:
This package is for preview and testing purposes only.

Installation:
Unzip the contents of this archive. Simply add the folder as a new Scenery layer in CFS2. (One thing to check: if you use modified Water masks, for instance from rhumbaflappy, make sure the Demo scenery is higher in the list)

Compatibility:
It will only work with Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2.
This package complements the old EURW Beta package, but works stand-alone as well. When the full World scenery is released, this DEMO, as well as the old EURW Beta package should then be removed from the scenery library.

For best result also install Rhumaflappy's DEM8 Mesh! (search for author rhumbaflappy at www.sim-outhouse.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com))
For airfields in the area, install Achims Norway fields (search for file JHS_Norway at www.sim-outhouse.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com))

The region covered by this scenery is
North-West Norway
Boundary:
West: E 7:30
North: N 70
East: E 18:45
South:N 61:50

West Ireland
Boundary:
West: W 11
North: N56
East: W 7:30
South: N 51

Scenery included:
LWM masking with Flattens (Ocean/Lakes)
VTP lines: roads/ streams/ railroads/ shorelines
Land Class + terrain textures: the terrain is modified to show rocks on steep slopes. The Norwegian low tree line is now visible. Crops and fields running up slopes, under Streams and near Lakes/Shores are replaced with Grass. This is not very obvious in Norway, that's why I included Ireland as well (in fact, I've exaggerated it a bit there)

Special thanks to Richard Ludowise.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

kdriver
September 12th, 2013, 08:14
Thanks very much Sander - a fabulous job and a great improvement. I tested both Ireland and Norway. The only anomalies I noticed were some sea plateaux west of Bodo (N67 16 E14 22) and a bit further up the coast at N68.

Achim's and Rami's scenery at Bardufoss, Narvik, Bodo and Trondheim are affected to varying degrees.

Sander
September 12th, 2013, 08:26
Thanks very much Sander - a fabulous job and a great improvement. I tested both Ireland and Norway. The only anomalies I noticed were some sea plateaux west of Bodo (N67 16 E14 22) and a bit further up the coast at N68.

Achim's and Rami's scenery at Bardufoss, Narvik, Bodo and Trondheim are affected to varying degrees.

Indeed, the big job ahead of us is fixing those type of problems... all over the world :icon_eek: .

Canion
September 13th, 2013, 16:32

The first look! incredible..!

A little more about the details, it looks darker tone, no enhancement if more extruded mesh (or the plane is low). Or I have another problem.
The highway: disagree with the environment.
I appreciate your work.

Sander
September 14th, 2013, 01:30
The first look! incredible..!

A little more about the details, it looks darker tone, no enhancement if more extruded mesh (or the plane is low). Or I have another problem.
The highway: disagree with the environment.
I appreciate your work.

Darker tone: I used the same texture set as for the old EURW Beta, so it should be the same tone.
no enhancement if more extruded mesh: my program uses an altitude mesh at a very low resolution (for placing rocks/removing fields); it does not detect every little bump in the terrain. So it's not always accurate, and does not always seem consistent. For placing rocks on slopes (and removing fields from slopes), I'm getting about 55-65% accurate result. So it's an improvement and gives more variation, but it will not be perfect every where.
The highway: disagree with the environment: I agree, the roads should be a bit darker and narrower. But that will be an easy fix (just replacing 1 texture). The Line textures I've included are direct FS9 replacements; a bit more work is needed to make it more CFS2.