PDA

View Full Version : TrackClip Pro

Pepere
January 15th, 2009, 15:39
Does anyone have this clip. If so can it be clipped to your glasses instead of a head-set?

David :wave:

spotlope
January 15th, 2009, 17:08
I have one, and looking at it now, I don't see how you'd clip it to glasses. The clip is horizontal, designed to clip to something vertical. Maybe someone else will have a bright idea about how you could do it.

Pepere
January 15th, 2009, 17:27
Do you think if another clip was clipped to your glasses you could clip it on or would it be too big or heavy?

Thanks

David :wave:

Lionheart
January 15th, 2009, 17:31
I wonder if the clip can be rotated?

You want to mount it on the arm of the glasses, which would be Z axis.. There must be a way to do it. Perhaps some mild metal work to bend the assembly to the new angle?

Bill

Pepere
January 15th, 2009, 17:37
Right that is sort of what I was thinking but I don't know the size of the thing etc... Boy that would be nice for sure. No hat or head set. I do have the tracker 3 pro and probably should just go for the Pro 4. The pro 3 is very limited in angle of seeing the tracking device.

David :kilroy:

Lionheart
January 15th, 2009, 17:50
Right that is sort of what I was thinking but I don't know the size of the thing etc... Boy that would be nice for sure. No hat or head set. I do have the tracker 3 pro and probably should just go for the Pro 4. The pro 3 is very limited in angle of seeing the tracking device.

David,

I have a cool 'visor' hat, (strap around the head, sun visor in front, from Sun n Fun, sent from a friend). Great, doesnt allow the built in pilot HD to overheat (not a hat), and the regular clip sits on the brim.

Bill

Pepere
January 15th, 2009, 17:54
Ya I had that too. But settled for the hat. I'm going to do some more home work on this.. See what I can come up with.

spotlope
January 15th, 2009, 18:23
There's a pretty limited range of motion on the clip--doesn't look like you could rotate it to clip to something horizontal. I would think that it would be too heavy for glasses anyway.

BPbobafett1982
January 16th, 2009, 08:41
I have the Trackclip Pro mounted on my Headphones. You can't modify the LED arm as it's hinged from the clip directly. If you try to remove it you may inadvertently break the wiring inside the arm.

Pepere
January 16th, 2009, 10:58
Ya. I emailed naturalpoint and got this technical response: "No, it is not designed to clip on to glasses."

I went to order the clip and they charge almost $15.00 USD to ship it. $15.00 shipping charge for a very small $35.00 item is not realistic. Didn't order it. For now I'm keeping my hat and be happy:applause:

thanks for the help!

David:kilroy:

chinookmark
January 16th, 2009, 21:08
Performance of LEDs and the comfort of a hat:
http://www.chattanooganmerchant.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2450018

Pepere
January 17th, 2009, 05:19
Performance of LEDs and the comfort of a hat:
http://www.chattanooganmerchant.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2450018

That's getting better. But the battery life is a little short. Should have a plug in so it will last and last. Also you would have it jerked off your head when you go to answer the door and will never be embarrassed!:gossip:

I've kept a link to the site and will give it some thought.:applause:

Thanks