PDA

View Full Version : Multipal Installs

bobhegf
September 7th, 2013, 16:21
I am having a real hard time doing more than one install of CFS2.I keep getting can not find the path. Can anyone help?

Rami
September 7th, 2013, 17:12
Bobhegf,

You're going to have to give us more detail than that. What O/S are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

bobhegf
September 7th, 2013, 17:35
Rami I am using win7 but my cfs2 folder is free standing outside the x86 game folder.

Allen
September 7th, 2013, 20:16
You should be able to make a copy of your whole CFS2 folder and give it a name like Combat Flight Simulator 2 ETO.

You can now go into the Combat Flight Simulator 2 ETO folder and right click on CFS2.exe and go to create shotcut. Now take and drag the new shotcut to your desktop.

OR

Next make a copy of your current CFS2 shortcut and give it the name like Combat Flight Simulator 2 ETO. Now on the shortcut right click and go to properties. In the Target box is the path to you stock CFS2 you need to change the target your new Combat Flight Simulator 2 ETO.

I think using CFS2 on Win 7 the stock path is "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe" you will need chaneg it to "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2 ETO\cfs2.exe"

Shadow Wolf 07
September 8th, 2013, 03:51
After renaming the original installation of CFS2 and it's desktop shortcut, you can install the next installation as you would an original. Renaming that one too, you can put in another and so on. Counting a clean, unmodified install, I have a total of 9 in my Microsoft Games folder and on my desktop.

To make a Mission Builder for each, open the main folder of any renamed install and make shortcut for the renamed CFS2.exe. Right click on the shortcut icon and select properties. Under the shortcut tab, under Target, change the ending from xxx\cfs2.exe to xxx\cfs2.exe" /BUILDER .

bobhegf
September 8th, 2013, 04:29
This is what is showing up in the short cut properties. "C:\Combat Flight Simulator 2\CFS2 exe" I took it out of the X86 folder . It now stands alone in the main OS folder on my C drive.

Allen
September 8th, 2013, 21:59
The process is still the same.